The Letter

Everything hurt as I sat up from my last beating. I carefully crawled under my bed to get the healing potions from under my floorboards. After getting out from under the bed I downed the entire pain potion and a half healing potion. I walked over to the window and cracked it open only to hear a soft hoot I opened it more as Hegwin my beloved owl was now dead due to my miserable uncle. The owl landed on the window sile and held out its leg to me where the letters were attached. Three in total I undid the letter. "Let me see if I have a treat for you yes?" Another soft hoot and a head bob made me smile for the first time in a week.
"Here you are." I set the treats out and sat on my bed as I open the letter with the Gringotts seal.

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are writing to inform you that the will your parents set up that was sealed by one Albus Dumbledore has now been unsealed as you have been emancipated due to the Triwizard tournament.
Please be early as your need for a few other tests your parents paid for in case of issues.
Your first appointment is at noon tomorrow the gray envelope is a port key we ask you to activate it no later than 11:50 am. The other letter is from your parents. However, they did tell us to tell you to read it after the tests and will read.
The password is Family.

Sincerely
Coppersmith
Head of inheritance.

I sat back heavily and looked at the little own who gave me another nod before flying off. I stood and closed the window. Afterward, I sat down heavily on my bed softly clicking made me look down at my little ink blob.

"I don't know bubby I don't know if I should read this now or after the will." It moved up my leg to rest on my lap it gave another soft click and rubbed itself against my hand. I laid back in my bed and turned the envelope in my hand over and over again. My little friend came up and rested itself against my cheek. Hours passed as the rain started beating against the window I just kept spinning the envelope. The banging of the front door made me sit up and look out the window all three of my relatives were getting in the car. I am not sure when I drifted off to sleep but I did apparently. I hurried around the room finding clean clothes that somewhat fit me. "Buddy I need you to undo the locks for me again."
It clicked and then slipped out of the cat door. A moment later the locks were undone. I rushed to get a shower and get dressed. I hurried down the stairs to get some food in me. My shadow gripped my shoulder as it clicked and chirped at me.
"I know buddy I'll be quick," I said grabbing a bowl and getting some mini wheat and milk in it.
I looked at the clock as I eat 10:50. I finished and washed and put away everything then I head back upstairs.
"Okay, buddy locks me in again," I tell him then shut the door. I sat down on my bed I still had an hour to kill and was not sure what to do. I sighed as I tucked both envelopes into my pockets. I sighed as all I could do is sit and wait.
I could not help but smile as the shadow became a blob on my lap. "You like a cat." The blob tried to take the form of a cat but couldn't hold it for more than a moment.
"Good job bubby you almost had it." I posted his head then sighed I looked up at the clock at 11:30. "Well they said no later so maybe they will be okay with my being early." I pulled out the letter as I stood up. "Family."
I spin away from the world and am dumped on marble floors on my arse.
"Mr. Potter are you alright?" A goblin asked me as he stood above me.
"Give me a second to get the world to stop spinning." I sat up and shook my head a bit.
"Has no one taught you how to use a port key correctly?"
"No," I said standing up.
The goblin's face was one of disdain.
"I am Goldrune your account manager after the test, readings, and the letter we will work on that." He nodded to himself. "I am glad you are early that gives me a chance to talk to you about who else you would like at the reading."
"I don't understand," I said as he motioned for me to follow him to the desk.
"Other than the people in the will who would you like there?"
I thought about this. "Did they say anything about their secret keeper?"
"Yes." He said.
"Then Madam Bones," Harry said softly.
He nods as he wrote a note and flicked it and he flew out a side window.
"Mr. Goldrune," I said licking my lips.
He glared at me. "No Mr. added to goblin names." He growled at me.
I shift uncomfortably. "Maybe if your willing while we have a bit of time you could tell me how not to make a fool of myself with other Goblins and yourself.
"You wish to learn our ways?" He asked me.
"I mean you handle my money. I don't want to disrespect you or the bank it's wrong."
The grin he gave me made me want to shiver. "I think I like you, Mr. Potter. First never use human honorglifs like Mr, Miss, Ms, or Mrs. If you wish to be respectful using honor titles you use their position Teller, Cart driver, Account manager." My eyes lit up as I wished I had my notebook.