chapter 1- the move

Ellyanna slams her stuff down onto the desk in her room. She can't believe that she's being forced to move to LA. She huffs, and rolls her eyes, crossing her arms. "Honey!" her mom, Ali, from downstairs yells at her. "Watch Lucas for me! I'm going to the store!"

"Sure thing, Mom," Ellie yells back, knowing full well she'll leave her brother to fend for himself. He's not a little kid anymore. "Lucas, here's 50 dollars. Stay home, tell Mom you were hungry and I went to get your favorite food. I'll be back in half an hour, maybe an hour," she says, shoving the money to her brother.

"What's in it for me besides the money?" Lucas asks, causing Ellie to groan.

"I'll get you Starbucks, and drive you where you want," Ellie replies, before turning away and walking out the door, to her car. Well, it's not even hers. It's her drunk uncle's, but it's good enough to be hers. Even though she doesn't have her license, she still drives. She got in, beginning to drive around.

After about half an hour, she stops outside this karate dojo. She got out of her car, and goes inside. "Hello?" she cautiously calls out.

"We're closed," a man says, who's arguing with a younger boy. She stops and stares at the younger boy.

"I was just wondering...how much is it to sign up?" she asks.

"We don't allow girls in this dojo," the man says, getting closer to her. She backs up, reaching in her purse for her pepper spray. She'd be dammed if he was gonna lay a single hand on her.

"What if I can prove to you that I can fight?" she asks, her hand on her pepper spray. "I'll do anything to prove to you that I'm worth the time. I have money, I can afford it."

The man studies her for a second. "Alright then, sweep his leg," he says, shoving the younger boy towards her. Ellie looks for a broom, tricking her opponent, before going down, swinging her leg towards the boy in front of her, knocking him flag on his back. "Damn. How'd you do that?"

"My father," she replies, rather proudly, brushing her hair out of her face. "He always wanted me to know how to defend myself, so he taught me how to sweep peoples legs, and basic karate. Even though he works at a bank. My Mom knows more karate than him," she walks over, helping the boy up.

"Welcome to Cobra Kai," the older man says. "I'm your sensei, Johnny Lawrence."

"I'm Miguel Diaz," the younger boy explains. Ellie smiles softly.

"I'm Ellyanna," she says, not giving out her last name. "When's the first class, sensei?"

"Tomorrow at noon," Johnny replies. "Be there or I'll kick your ass."

"Sensei-" Miguel begins, but Ellie simply smiles and walks off. What better way to start off at a new school then showing off some insane karate moves?