Thiam

Liam hasn’t really slept for weeks now. Every night he lies in bed and thinks about a certain boy. Okay maybe that particular person is not really a boy anymore, but who cares? Nobody, that’s right. So, since he doesn’t sleep enough, he tends to fall asleep in class more often. The teachers were not really amused by that and Liam has gotten himself detention for falling asleep in class more than ever. But every time he falls asleep, Liam dreams about that one brown haired beauty he thinks all night long, so it’s kinda a win-win situation. Don’t you think? Whatever, let’s move on.

It’s the third class for Liam today and so far, he has managed to not fall asleep. But right now, he is daydreaming about someone, you can guess who it is, when the teacher is calling Liam’s name.

“Mr. Dunbar? Are you still here? I asked you a question.”, the teacher says slightly annoyed.

“Huh?”, Liam looks up to his teacher. You could see that Liam didn’t know where he was for a second. “Uhm… what was the question again?”, the werewolf asked, a bit embarrassed. Some kids chuckled.

“I asked if you can solve the equation on the blackboard.”, the teacher pointed towards the chalkboard.

Liam looks towards the board and tries to understand what was written on the blackboard. He didn’t have an idea what was going on. There were so many numbers and letters. He should have paid more attention to what the teacher talked about the whole time, but it was too late. He was screwed. He was clueless. He was so clueless, he couldn’t have been any more clueless. Good job Liam, he murmured to himself, so the teacher couldn’t hear it.

As soon as Liam got home from school, he threw his schoolbag on the floor and ran upstairs into his room. He dropped on his bed and laid there for what felt like hours until his mom called him down for dinner. He came down into the kitchen and sat down by the table. His mother Jenna gives Liam his plate. She made lasagne, which by the way is one of Liam’s favourite dishes.

“Honey, what’s wrong? You seem a bit off, the last few days.” Jenna looks at her son with a concerned look and caresses his forearm to assure him he can talk with her about anything whenever he needs to.

“Nothing mom. I’m just tired, that’s all.”, he says, not looking up to his mother and poking the lasagne with his fork, thinking about one specific person.

“Okay, but you know you can talk to me, right honey?”, Mrs. Geyer smiles at her son which Liam returns.

After the dinner, Liam went to his room again and sat down on his bed. Tomorrow Liam would see him. He would see Theo, after ignoring him for some time now. He wasn’t able to look at Theo since Liam had this weird dream a couple days ago. A dream you should not have about a friend. A friend, right, nothing more, but it looks like the werewolf’s mind wanted more than just to be friends with the chimera. And from there on, Liam ignored the older one. Hiding from Theo at school and just
ignoring him whenever they would cross each other’s path. But Liam wouldn’t be able to ignore Theo, when he was at the pack meeting too. Why must Scott ask Theo for help now? Scott doesn’t even like Theo, let alone trust him. But the new danger that is coming towards Beacon Hills is bigger than everyone thought. And they would need every help they can get.

The night was like the ones before. The teenager wasn’t able to get more than four hours of sleep. Which was a problem because Mason would come at 8 in the morning to pick him up. They wanted to get breakfast before the pack meeting at 9 at Scott’s. Of course, Corey was with Mason and so the couple was standing in the doorframe, looking towards Liam who was trying to get up.

“I’m too tired, Mase. It’s better if I just don’t come to the meeting today.”, Liam wanted to convince his best friend to stay at home in bed to get some more sleep.