004 | 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕

disclaimer: i don't play ice hockey, neither am i interested in the sport aksnsjs but i made this cuz it's inspired by 90's love mv ajsnsjs

four:
godsent
by ben & ben

"y... you're telling me you're going against... against them?"

the two friends gulped in fear, even if they weren't there to play. the opposing team was already warming up in the ice rink as soon as sicheng's team went to go change and warm up as well.

they aren't even going to lie, the other team were very tall — way taller than most of them, skills almost the same as their school's, and undeniably swift. considering that it was a british school, yes they should be aware at how built they are physically.

still, both jisung and chenle were scared for their school, yet all they can do is watch quietly and hope for the best as this is just a friendly game. it's not like it's the national competition.

sicheng nodded, "we have no choice. it was them who invited us. anyway, we'll get going, hoping you enjoy." he gave them a small smile before dropping it and running to the changing rooms together with ten who only saluted with his two fingers at the freshmen.

"wow, i could never."

"you don't play sports, lele. count me in 'cause i know nothing."

"says the chess champion in seventh grade." chenle rolled his eyes. no matter how much jisung humbles himself, there's no doubt the younger has so much more potential — he's just blinded by other people doing well in other things he can't do.

"chess champion— what are you saying? i only know checkers, dumbfuck." jisung corrected, to which the chinese disregarded.

"shush, look over there." chenle hushed the younger before pointing at the direction where the changing rooms are, revealing the male jisung got the hots on along with the friend he always hangs out with in the team.

jisung admired him from afar, but still had his consciousness in him to stop himself from drooling and staring too much. "wanna bet who's gonna win?"

"money's on the british school."

"you really got no faith on our school? my bingsu's on ours."

"game on."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

as the two were exchanging words and a few glances towards the players that were warming up, a loud whistle resonated in the rink indicating that the game will start in any moment now.

jeno drank a large gulp of water before skating his way smoothly where the goal was, only to be stopped by their coach. "lee, leave the goalie to ten. you'll be the center for now."

"huh? but sir—"

"you'll be the goalie in the second half. besides, this isn't nationals or something. go on, impress us." their coach patted his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile.

it was his first game playing center, though he practiced playfully during his trainings since he once dreamed of becoming an ace in the team, he didn't actually knew he'll try being the center one day.

besides, he had someone to impress, so that's additional motivation.

jeno had a lot in his mind, but seeing their opponents, he was determined to win — despite their huge differences physically. the male threw a quick glance to where par jisung and his best friend was, making sure it wasn't noticable before going into position.

as the hockey puck was placed on the ice below them, jeno could feel sweat roll down his forehead as he blankly stared at the obviously taller male in front of him.

they were defending.

seconds which felt like hours passed by and the familiar high-pitched whistle was heard in the rink, commencing the game. jeno was nervous, but he acted confident as he recited all the rules in the game in his head.

"what...? wasn't jeno sunbae-nim a goalie? why's he in the center?" chenle raised a brow as the two of them locked their eyes on the game that's happening. jisung also didn't know what's going on. but he was impressed to see him play another role other than the goalie.

jeno didn't need to do much to impress the gorgeous male. he already took his interest without doing any effort and just breathing.

"ji, are you even watching the game? or are you just admiring sunbae?"

"both."

the game was intense because of their physical differences, but whenever the hockey puck was held by the other team, hyunjin and sicheng always managed to poke the puck away from the enemy team's hold.

jeno, on the other hand was struggling because of the new role. he was used to just standing and waiting for the puck to come his way, highly focused from afar rather than being inside the mess that's happening.

on the other hand, ten was also struggling to keep an eye on the puck and take notice of what's going on. he, just like jeno, was also new to the role.

"quick, jeno!"

the sound of the whistle was heard throughout the rink before jeno could even react, signaling that something happened and he didn't even know what happened.

"bst gorillas foul." the referee announced as he pointed at the opponent stepping over the blue line before the hockey does.

"oh fuck yes!" jisung exclaimed in a soft voice, making sure he isn't making much noise as he gave chenle a look. "bet's looking tough on your side, huh?"

chenle huffed. as much as he believed in their school, he just felt like the other team has more advantage when it comes to this game only.  "still too early to celebrate ji. don't underestimate just cuz your jeno is doing good for a new role."

seems like this bet costs them their friendship when it's not.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───