Synopsis

"That's why it works; why we work. Because it's not normal - it's crazy, stupid, you and me..."

Summer in Percival Shores brings more than just the warm sun, the glimmering waves, and the best seafood to ever tantalize the taste buds. It brings a charming artisan in the form of Aurora Kirby, and she has the blank canvas to create the perfect piece.

With an eccentric painter for a mother who swears on organic food, holistic healing, and bright colors, blended together with a happy-go-lucky, autistic little brother, Aurora has no choice but to live a life dedicated to blissful peculiarity. When her father is caught cheating however, and everything she knew about trust, love, and family fly out the window, Aurora isn't so sure if weird ever works in relationships.

Cue Calum Hood.

The dark haired boy has lived in Percival Shores the majority of his life, and when his one way ticket to venture life in a big city is suddenly jeopardized, it leaves the once self-motivating boy to sulk in a vat of his own misery. Tossing himself into aimless hookups, undefeated beer pong matches, and stumbling in hungover to his job at the pier, Calum is determined to fill the empty void in true recklessness.

When Calum finds himself diving head first into high tide, he crosses paths with the new girl of his hometown. Radiant smiles and witty remarks, their summer is beginning to have a much better view. And when pent up emotions and secrets make their way up to the surface, it's up to Aurora and Calum to fight through the riptides.

Life works in jolting, odd ways but that's the beauty of it. And like life, love is engineered the same way. It's not faultless, it's not easy, but if true, is worth the fight. It's crazy, it's stupid, but it's everything they've ever dreamt of.

✖ ✖

From the author:
Thank you, seriously, for reading this story - I'm hoping you like it. Yes, this is a spin-off of "Drunk Words, Sober Thoughts." No, you don't have to read it to understand this book. There might be a few references from DWST, but nothing you won't be able to understand. Regardless, I hope this new story intrigues you enough to keep reading forward. Please don't forget to vote, to comment, and to share this story with all your friends. Thank you so much!

xoxo, Audrey Eve