Something idkendjeksms

KARKAT: WHAT THE FUCK? I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD? EVERYONE SAID YOU WERE DEAD YOU. I SAW YOUR BODY YOU CAN'T BE ALIVE. AM I FUCKING SEEING THINGS? HAVE I FINALLY GONE INSANE? IS EVERYONE RIGHT AND I CAN'T STAND YOU BEING GONE SO MUCH SO THAT MY BRAIN IS MAKING FALSE VERSIONS OF YOU? BRAIN GHOST DAVE? AM I KINNING JAKE?
DAVE: karkat
KARKAT: ...SORRY I JUST
KARKAT: I'M HAVING TROUBLE BELIEVING THIS
DAVE: well im here
DAVE: im having trouble believing some of this too
DAVE: like me dieing
DAVE: in the whitehouse
DAVE: how did i even die or do you all just not know?
KARKAT: I DON'T- WE DIDN'T KNOW

Karkat's eyes began to water with candy red tears. The fighting was still ongoing but this was something worth waiting for. Only a few days after learning of his death, Dave Strider was back- somehow. It really didn't make sense. He just appeared. For the time being, they were safe in a cave. That gave them all the time they needed to talk. Dave pulled Karkat closer to him, softly petting his hair. The movement was sudden and silent.

KARKAT: IM A GROWN FUCKING MAN. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE THIS. FUCK THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME SOME WEIRD COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD CRAP HAPPENED. IT SHOULD BE STANDARD. FUCK I SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED THIS.

The two of them had changed alot. Karkat's small pudgy body had grown to be toned and muscular in his years off the grid, acting as a face in the rebellion. His skin was rough and scared, but despite his sharper appearance, his cheeks had the same soft curve. Dave had grown into his taller body. His bones were covered with muscle and fat, and his scars had the time to heal. His hair had grown aswell. It was messy and unkept, but in a way endearing. His sideburns had crept down his face, giving him the weak beginnings of a beard.

KARKAT: HAH, I WAS STUPID TO THINK YOU WOULD STAY GONE. I SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN SAD IN THE FIRST PLACE.
DAVE: look i know this is hard
DAVE: its got to be
KARKAT: NO. THIS IS THE EASIEST PART. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I'M SO FUCKING MAD. I SHOULD BE HAPPY BUT MY STUPID FUCKING THINK PAN CAN'T COMPREHEND THAT.
DAVE: ...

As silence fell between them, the mood lightened slightly. Karkat's stiff shoulders fell at ease to his sides before he continued. He let his tears flow much more freely.

KARKAT:... I.... I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONE FOREVER. I THOUGHT YOU LEFT WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE. AFTER EVERYTHING I DID TO PROTECT YOU, I THOUGHT I FAILED AS A LEADER. THAT I FAILED YOU.

He started crying harder. Dave sighed and pressed him into his chest.

DAVE: im here
KARKAT: I WAS SO SCARED.
DAVE: it's ok now im here

Karkat wrapped his arm around his friend. As Dave spoke, he knew his words held a deeper meaning then the way they would be taken.

DAVE: i fucked up
DAVE: alot
DAVE: one of those fuck ups lead to my death
DAVE: but that was my fuck up
DAVE: not yours
KARKAT: ... I COULD HAVE-
DAVE: you tried your best
DAVE: you did everything you could

Time passed in there embrace. As the sounds of guns and conflict settled, the two of them did aswell.

KARKAT: WE HAVE TO TELL JADE AND ROSE AND EVERYONE ELSE.
DAVE: yeah that's probably a good idea.
KARKAT: LOOK I'LL CALL THEM YOU JUST STAY THERE. I'LL HANDLE THIS.

As Karkat left to contact the others, Dave layed back. The cave was surprisingly spacious and comfortable. It had the slight smell of bleach. That would explain the suspiciously clean floor aswell. Dave tapped his foot on the cave floor in a kind of rhythm in line with the dripping of water. He began to home before it turned into mummers of raps and rhymes.

KARKAT: OK, THEY'RE COMING IT SHOULDN'T BE TOO LONG.
DAVE: did you tell them i was back
KARKAT: OF COURSE I DID. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO SURPRISE THEM? I DIDN'T WANT THEM COMING HERE THINKING SOMEONE ELSE HAD DIED TOO.