Prologue

Leni and Jesse are happily married for 25 years now and their 2 daughters are already grown up women and Jillian, the youngest is now 12 years old and will be entering her teenage year, next year.

Leni is currently working as an alternative lawyer in a Bicol-based group called SALIGAN where they offer free legal services to people who cannot afford to pay for a private lawyer. On the other hand, Jesse is working as the Secretary of the Department of Interior and Local Government. President Aquino appointed him to this position because of the remarkable governance that he did when he was still a mayor in Naga City.

Their eldest daughter Aika is now working in a private company, their middle child Tricia is currently taking up Health Sciences at the Ateneo de Manila University, and their youngest daughter Jillian is in her 7th Grade at the Naga City Science High School.

The two elder Robredo children are living with Jesse at their condo in Quezon City while Leni and the youngest daughter Jillian are living at their apartment in Naga.

The Robredos shared a lot of good memories and will always be remembered as one of the happiest families in their city.

One Saturday of August 2012, Jillian has a swimming competition in Naga and on that same day, Jess went to Cebu to represent the President in one event and he promised to go back with their 2 elder daughters in the evening.

On that fateful day, 10-15 minutes after she last talked to her husband, he received a call from Paul, her husband's security detail from Manila. Leni was surprised why he called her.

"Hello?" she answered

Then Paul said on the other line.

"Good afternoon po, ma'am. May sighting po ng isang maliit na eroplano sa dagat ng Masbate."

That one phone call changed this family's life forever.