𝐈𝐕

episode 4, season 1
— preggers

"holy shit
quinn"

valerie hadn't really spoken to her friends or sister lately. she knew she was probably being stubborn and ignorant, but she just didn't want to speak to any of them. on the plus side, she had recently grown a friendship with tina and artie. she had to admit, she was completely wrong about them being un-cool. they were both really nice, and valerie really enjoyed having the two around. earlier in glee rachel had stormed out due to tina getting a solo from west side story. even though val knew she was starting to like rachel, as a friend of course, she had to admit that the selfish side of rachel made her upset and made her rethink the decision of becoming friends with her.

valerie had walked out the field for practice when she had noticed finn and kurt talking on the sidelines. that reminded her, she needed to talk to kurt about what she had heard the other week. so she walked over to them, hearing more of their conversation as she got closer. "it'll mess up my hair." kurt said as finn grabbed the football helmet from him. "put your...put your helmet on, okay?" finn said putting the red helmet on kurt's head. valerie approached the two and spoke, "kurt can i talk to you for a second?" she said avoiding eye contact. "he's about to start his tryout. can it wait?" finn asked and she turned to look up at him. "wasn't asking you." she said before she gently pulled Kurt away. they didn't move far but they moved a good amount to where she knew finn couldn't hear. "i just wanted to say that i didn't purposely try and eavesdrop on your conversation with mercedes. and i promise i won't tell anyone, i know my place." she said sincerely to make sure he believed her. kurt had left out a breath that he didn't know he was holding. "thank you valerie. i- i really appreciate it." he said with a small smile. "no need to thank me." she said before pausing and looking over at finn, "i'll let you go back to your tryout." she continued before walking off after giving him another smile. not questioning why exactly he needed to tryout for the football team.

v.l

valerie had been bored of her current class so she decided to ask to go to the bathroom. and the first thing she heard when she walked in was sobbing. she didn't see anyone at first, but then she got to the last stall. val opened the door and saw pale legs, blonde hair, and a cheerios uniform. "quinn?" she questioned concerned for the girl. the blonde quickly turned around and looked at val, "quinn are you okay?" she asked as quinn stood up dusting herself off. "do i look okay to you?" she responded leaving the stall and going to grab a paper towel. "you know you can tell me, i won't tell anybody if it's that deep." valerie said moving over to the sink next to quinn. "why wouldn't you? i've been awful to you." she said quietly looking down. "that's because, i'm not like you." val responded before gently grabbing quinn's face and wiping the tears with her thumb. quinn signed and looked val in the eyes, "i'm pregnant." and val almost, key word almost, felt her heart stop. she couldn't believe it, quinn fabray, the president of the celibacy club, the head cheerleader, was pregnant. she snapped back into reality and pulled the now crying blonde into a comforting hug. "are you positive you are? false pregnancies are a thing." valerie asked not knowing what else to say. "yes, i went to a walk in clinic and they saw a baby... in me." she struggled to speak, and god, valerie couldn't imagine how she must've felt. "did you tell finn? or are you gonna... you know, abort it?" quinn shook her head. "i can't tell him, i can't. and i don't have any money for an abortion without my parents finding out." valerie let's put a sigh, "quinn you have to tell him, he's the father right?" quinn nodded. "if you aren't gonna get an abortion, it'll be weird if his girlfriend is suddenly pregnant and he didn't know. and as for your parents, they're gonna find out one way or another." quinn pulled back from the hug and looked into the mirror. "i'm gonna tell him, i just don't know how to." she said still staring at herself. "just say it, be upfront about it. like you were with me." valerie said to which quinn chuckled at. "well you're not the father, so there's a difference." valerie looked at quinn, "i can't say i know what you're going through at all, but i promise you, you're gonna be okay in the end." quinn turned to val, "thank you." she said which came out in kind of a whisper. even though val found herself saying it more times then she would like to lately, she said to quinn, "and i won't tell anyone, not my business." to which quinn nodded and replied with a quiet "thanks."