[𝟭]

Your heels slammed against the wood of the deck as you ran to the edge, hoping to relive yourself of the urge to throw up. The worst part about being on ships for you was motion sickness. Ever since your were a child you avoided going on any ships but, this time, you were able to tough it through. You deemed the reason of your current situation was worth it.

Your younger sister, queen Historia of Eldia, was going through a tough time. She had sent you a letter, a month prior to your arrival saying that her father had died, and she was all alone. For the first time in her life.

Both you and Historia grew up together. But when you became of age, your father wanted you to rule as the duchess of Orvud by his side.

Having different dads, you weren't of royal blood.

You finally arrived at the harbor of Mitras and were helped off the ship. You stumbled on the wood below your feet, trying to catch your balance.

"Woah, you okay miss L/n?" Rico asked, grabbing your arm.

"Yes, whew!" You brushed your hair out of your face and began to walk to the readied carriage at the end of the port. Shops and stands aligned the port, along with carriages, carts, adn many different people.

The coachman opened the door for you and you climbed into the carriage along with your handmaiden, Elizabeth.

When you turned 18, you were assigned a handmaiden. Elizabeth was very strict for the first few years of her serving for you, but over time she loosened up and allowed you more freedom.

Both of you were going to stay in Eldia for 5 months, then move back to Orvud. You knew your sister would be okay after having a talk with her. Thats just how she was. She knew she had to suck it up and help her kingdom.

"The queen has asked you to accompany her to her recommendation day."

"A what now...?" You were completely confused and had no idea was Elizabeth was talking about.

"Tomorrow, people will come into the queen's estate and suggest ideas for the kingdom."

"Ah! Okay I get it now.." You chuckled.

-

You arrived at your sister's quite large estate and were helped throughout the house to your sisters throne room.

"Historia!" You exclaimed, running up to your sister that resigned on her throne.

"Oh god Y/n, I'm so glad your here." You lightly hugged her so you wouldn't harm her. She was in fact pregnant so you didn't want to cause her any discomfort.

She hugged you back and buried her head into your neck.

"How are you feeling?" You asked, using your hand to cup her cheek.

"I hate to admit it but i'm not doing well sister..." Her eyes swelled with tears.

"Come here Historia, it's okay." She stood up and you hugged her tightly.

"Settle in sister," She curled her finger and used the back of her knuckle to dry her tears. "I know you won't be here long but id like you to be comfortable."

"Oh no its alright," You backed away from your sister as she sat back down onto her throne. "I was planning on walking out in Mitras today."

"Oh yes that's perfectly okay sister." She crossed one leg over the other and picked at her nails. "I suppose you're going to come back soon, yes?"

"Yes sister, ill be back for your recommendation day." You gave her a smile.

Your grinning smile. The smile that could light any dark room or hall. The smile that gave your sister hope. Historia cherished it. The way that  when you smiled it seemed there wasn't a trouble in the world.