Chapter One

(I return.)

Y/n was a traveling performer. You traveled all across Teyvat because you sought to perform throughout the world. However, your ambitions of performing were not your main goal.

You gained a hydro vision during one of your best performances that gained praise all around. However, you rarely use it due to not wanting your power to outshine your performances.
You are quite the celebrity and have fans that try to follow you around teyvat, to which you hire Fatuian Guards to keep yourself safe.

Your home town was Sumeru and you were great friends with Nilou as you grew up and used to perform with her. You have now landed in Mondstadt. Your next performance is tonight at the tavern named Angel's Share. You were commissioned by the owner to perform. As you made your way to the tavern for your performance, your guards stood by outside while you went inside. From now on you will be known by your first name. No Last names.

Y/n walked up to the bar counter, their confidence and elegance emanating from their posture.
"Excuse me, I am here because the owner has commissioned a performance from me. Might I know where he is?"

Y/n asked the man at the counter who was cleaning shot glasses.  He had the hair of a mighty phoenix that burned the brightest of fires, lighting the way in the darkest of nights. It was similar to Nilou's hair color.

"Might I have proof of identification?"
The man did not look up and continued drying a final shot glass before going to wipe the counter of any glass rings. His black gloves seemed to be a void that sucked you in the longer you stared.

Y/n nodded before going into the bag they had been carrying on their waist and took out a paper with a symbol depicted. "The owner requested that I bring this symbol as a form of identification."

The man finally looked up at Y/n. He stared at her for a few moments before reaching to take the piece of paper and examining the symbol. Y/n hadn't noticed his fiery red hue of eyes, but now, they were clear as day and they had matched his hair perfectly. Almost too perfectly.

He seemed to perk up after examining the symbol and put it down on the counter before making eye contact with Y/n. "So you are the famous traveling dancer. I find you very hard to get a hold of. I find that quite understandable seeing as how you seem to be in high demand for these types of things."

Y/n could tell what he meant. Y/n usually performed for these types of places. And if their schedule was clear they would do a performance on the streets, to which they gained the most popularity from.
"Thank you, kind sir. Now, I see that nobody has showed for the performance yet, should I wait a little longer before I start?"

"No, no. That will be quite alright. And please, do call me Diluc. We are about the same age, no? In any case, this performance is just for me."
The man moved from behind the counter and walked over to Y/n. Y/n wasn't by any means short. After all, for a performer to stand out, their height can make a big difference.

Diluc and Y/n seemed to be similar in height to which Y/n had been secretly surprised.
"For you? You mean to say you are the owner and paid to have me dance for you? Not that I mind I just find that quite odd."

"Well, I'm not usually the type to do things like this. You could say I was quite interested in a performer who is dragged around by the Fatui."
The man's tone had suddenly changed. He went from formal to hostile in a second.

"I'm sorry?"
Y/n felt themselves a little shaken by the sudden hostility.

"Do you work for the fatui? Are you being forced to do this kind of work?"
The man had drilled them with questions, which they couldn't understand why the questions were even being asked.

"Dragged around? Working for the fatui? I'm sorry but I do not do either of those things. I merely hire the Fatui as bodyguards. I know this may seem strange to someone like you, but I require guards as my job demands it."
Y/n felt a surge of anger which fueled their words. However, the man was not done.

"Why would you need guards? You have that vision around your neck."
The man's tone of hostility began to mix with a tone of confusion.

"I refuse to use a vision that will outshine my talent. People should look at me because I have the talent of a performer, not because I have a vision."
Y/n felt the need to defend themselves, because this situation was unfair. It was rude of this man to assume things about you, to accuse you of things you would never think of doing. It was strange how fast this argument had started.

"I see. Is all of this really true? Why should I trust you?"
The man raised an eyebrow at Y/n to which Y/n sort of backed down but still gave their piece. "There's not really anything else I can tell you other than to trust me. I wouldn't want to risk anything as a performer that could tarnish my reputation, but I needed guards. I don't use my vision. And currently, Fatui guards are the most reliable option."

"Fine then. I'll trust you. However, I'll be keeping my eye on you from now on."

"What about that dance?"

"Forget it. I only commissioned you because I know of your guards. I despise the Fatui."
The man walked over to a bar stool and sat down.

"I see. Then I'll leave."
Y/n turned to leave, meeting their guards outside and making their way back to the inn they had settled in. The guards had asked if they were okay and Y/n had brushed them off, thinking about what the Red Haired man had said.