XXVIII

Omniscient

Over the year Dee went through an internal battle with herself.

She experienced a deep depression from Veah's death and with her best friend in prison and her brother in his own personal battle she sought therapy.

The comfort of a stranger helped her greatly. She got it together and started visitng her best friend in prison every week, with her brother.

However she was diagnosed with PTSD from seeing her girlfriend shot and killed in front of her, something she'd learn to deal with.

Amari held his girlfriend down in prison. He missed her immensely and FaceTimed with her everyday.

He would send her stuff through guards he paid. Her favorite foods, hygiene products, even a knife just in case.

He planned his future with her after she got out. He stayed loyal... for the most part.

N'laisah got around in jail just fine. She didn't let the inmates intimate her at all. She saw some fucked up things but Dee and Amari kept her sane.

Occasionally her gifts from her boyfriend were stolen but that was the biggest conflict she came across.

Other than that she became a slightly better person while waiting to be freed again.

She came to terms with her family's deaths and somewhat found peace with it.

Amari Christian Walton
Monroe, Louisiana
N'laisah's Release Day

"My best bitch getting out today!" Dee yells, getting in my car.

"Loud as fuck." I mumble.

"Boy shut up."

I'm excited for my wife to come home. I want her to move in wit me but I'm nervous cuz of her stubborn independent ass.

"Y'all been together for a year yet?" She asks.

"A year and 4 months." I smirk.

"You finna wife that huh?" She laughs and I nod.

"First chance I get." I cheese.

We pull up to the prison and wait for her to walk out. She comes out with a clear bag.

She pimp walks to our car with clear bags in hand when I start honking.

"Look at her walking like a nigga I hope they ain't turn her out in there." I mumble.

I get out and she jumps in my arms. I hug her and kiss her forehead.

"This is like the end of one of those white people movies." Dee makes a stank face.

"Ur mad." N'laisah sticks her tongue out.

"Unhand my best friend you hooker." Dee hits me and I put N'laisah down.

I smack my teeth as they hug and rock side to side.

"We gotta get home, y'all can bond later." I get back in the car.

Dee lays down in the back and N'laisah sits in the front.

She gets on the new phone I handed her while we drop Dee off.

"We celebrating tomorrow hoe!" Dee yells as she closes her house door.

She leveled up and bought her own house. Wouldn't even let me pay for nun.

"You know my house ain't this way." N'laisah squints at me.

She gave me access to her money so I could pay her bills for her.

But I didn't use her money, I used mine and she gone have a fit when she find out.

"We going to my house." I shrug.

"Why?" She asks.

"Sh." I politely tell her to shut up and put my hand on her thigh.

"You forever doing that." She rolls her eyes to hide her smile.

We get home and I change.

"Whatchu doing?" I ask her.

"Lying down on this soft ass bed." She mumbles.

"Guhl get up. We going out." I say.

"Imma whole jailbird. I just wanna shit with privacy, dawg." She sighs.

"Get up." I play patty cake on her ass.

"Move, I'm gassy." She waves my hands away.

I accidentally wrote "Move, I'm gay." This had me crying for sum reason 😭

Sorry for this chapter being shorter than usual, I moved a whole scene to an upcoming chapter 👺