The Gloves are Off

AN: This V is my personal level of development and customization. Street kid, Male, and in a relationship with Panam.

"Boxing. It's a sport older than every other sport combined. Simple one at that. Just beat the shit out of your opponent and make money off of it. If I wasn't such a handsome rockerboy, I probably would've been one hell of a boxer." A medium sized man with long black hair and a silver robotic arm said beside V.

It was night in Pacifica, a rundown part of Night City next to the ocean. With a large mall complex and its territory owned by the Voodoo Boys, it's left alone by Corpos and NCPD.

But tonight was a tremendous occasion.

Inside the mall complex, in the gym area, a large group of people have gathered to watch a boxing match between Razor Hugh, a three-time boxing champion with multiple corpo sponsors and prototype augmentation. He was a gargantuan with dark chocolate skin with shining metal stitched in several places and glowing red eyes.

And V. A relative newcomer who has beaten 5 opponents in various sections of the city. Making his way up to the championship. Standing at 6' 0" compared to Razor's large 7' 5" height. V had slicked back hair in an undercut style with blue coloring. His facial hair was a beard that was braided with a mustache and it was all colored dark blue. His eyes were unnatural. They were cyberized black with bright white iris's.

Many people came to be here, including V's previous opponents, the twins who were technically one person but split into two bodies. The Animals' champion Rhino. El Cesar and his pregnant girlfriend. Though one of his opponents was dead, due to not taking the loss well and attacking V. Viktor Vektor, a Ripperdoc whom V knows really well and was a boxer and coach. And even Nancy Hartley, an employee of Network News 54 and former band member of Samurai, came over to cover the story and record it for the news.

V looked at his opponent before cracking his knuckles and tilting his head from side to side, causing his bones to crack. He took whatever jacket and shirt off, revealing his tattooed body and toned figure. The bell rang, the first round began.

He stood up from the chair and smashed his knuckles together before bringing them up against his face.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Out of the borders of Night City, in the vast desert, an area populated by the Nomads, groups of wandering families, stood the Aldecaldos. A nomadic family that has had some interesting adventures, all because of V.

One who could attest to that statement was Panam, a woman with chestnut skin and braided hair tied to a bun. She laid in her bed, bored out of her mind. Her mind wandered towards V. A man who came into her life because of the Queen bitch herself Rogue. V was a simple Night City Merc who wanted her to help him.

She was very distrusting of him, after all, the last time she trusted someone, they screwed her over. She tried to make it as a mercenary in Night City after leaving her clan. Over time though, V managed to worm his way into her heart. Helping her come to terms with who she wanted to be, and that was that she was a Nomad. An Aldecaldo, even though she butt heads with Saul almost daily. She couldn't do it without V and it was what made her fall in love with him.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when Cassidy Rider, a veteran, popped his head into her tent. "Hey Panam! Your boyfriend's on TV!"

Panam sat up from her bed, "What?" She asked, confused about what he meant.

"Come out here! Check it out!" Cassidy removed his head from her tent and walked away.

Panam climbed out of bed and put her boots on before walking out of her tent and towards where everyone was. Everyone in the Aldecaldos were congregated around a large TV screen. "What the hell is going on?" Panam asked, to which Saul answered.