XXXI

N'laisah Dior Olsen
Monroe, Louisiana

"Remember the case of Shuana Davidson and Craig Waters from a couple months ago?" The news lady walks around Moneyman's house that was now being investigated.

"New evidence was found on the case. After officers looked through the victims' phones they found some... incriminating evidence from multiple mistresses of Mr. Waters."

"After countless infidelities could one of these ladies possibly have killed the couple from jealousy?" She implies to the audience.

"A damn shame." I mumble, turning off the cable and going to Disney+

"Aw shit my trial expired." I sigh and cut the tv off.

I didn't leave no evidence so I'mma let one of them other hoes take the fall.

"I'm really a thug outchere." I laugh.

I hear a knock and roll my eyes. I wait 20 minutes before I go outside.

My ex been leaving gifts outside my everyday with a lil sorry, ily note attached.

I never answer but go outside to get it when he leaves. I read the note and put the gifts in my spare room.

"N'laisah-" I hear as soon as I open the door.

I slam it, quicky and lock it. I'm not playing bout this breakup.

"Don't pick that lock either!" I tell him.

I go back in my room and lay face down. I put in one of my airpods to listen to When I Was Your Man by Bruno.

I feel a dip in my bed and look up fast as hell. I snap my neck towards Amari.

"Fuck you want?" I sit up.

"To e-"

"Shut up." I get up.

"Just-"

"Shouldn't yo ass be in the hospital? Could've sworn I shot you." I giggle.

"Too soon." He mugs me.

"Why ain't you shoot me back?" I ask, curiously.

"Cuz I love you, I'm not finna shoot you." He looks at me crazy.

"Well I love- loved you too. You coulda bussed back." I shrug.

"Lemme-"

"No!" I yell, annoyed.

He gets up and locks my bedroom door and blocks the bathroom door.

"So you gon hold me hostage? I should call 12 on yo ass." I complain.

"You know I gotta warrant in my name." He snatches my phone and sticks it next to his gun in his waistband.

"Hurry and explain, I'm losing patience, peasant." I start tapping my leg.

"Aight so bout 3 months after you was prisoned, I went to the club with the boys."

"It always starts like this but continue." I fold my arms.

"Stop interrupting me. I was drunk and high-" I open my mouth to say sumn but he mugs me so I just roll my eyes.

"Like I was sayin, I was outta my mind on gang."

Aw he picked up my lingo 🥰

"And it was sum females in our section. And I was rude as hell cuz ion like nobody but you. I went to the bathroom cuz I had been drinking so much. One came in the wrong bathroom and she got embarrassed."