24| Pairing Off

At School Cory, Shawn and Zoey were standing beside each other in the hallway. Zoey was leaning against the lockers, one foot propped up against it and crossed her arms as they watched Richard and Cindy kiss in front of them.

"Richard and Cindy?" Cory asked, surprised.

"Very deeply in love." Zoey stated as she looked at the couple.

"Since when?" Cory questioned.

"Lunch." Shawn said with a small nod.

"What did they eat?" Cory asked.

Shawn narrowed his eyes. "I don't know, but it doesn't look like it was enough."

"Ah, Mr. Heckle and Mr. Jekkyl, don't we have classes to attend?" Mr. Feeny asked as he walked down the small flight of stairs and towards the three of them.

Cory gestured to Richard and Cindy. "Mr. Feeny, shouldn't you break them up or hose them down or something?"

"Oh, I wouldn't interrupt their tryst, Mr. Matthews." Mr. Feeny said, turning to the couple. "They're both A-minus students and happily struck by Cupid."

"So, if they were C-minus students, you wouldn't let them kiss?" Cory wondered.

Mr. Feeny turned his attention back to Cory. "School policy, don't you know."

"So I can't kiss?" Cory asked, pointing to himself.

"With your grades, Mr. Matthews, you can't even shake hands." Mr. Feeny said. Zoey chuckled softly, placing a hand over her mouth.

"Just watch, Mr. Feeny. By the end of the year, I planned to have an A-Plus average and a hickey." Cory said with a smirk plastered on his face.

Mr. Feeny smirked as he patted Cory on the shoulder. "Dare to dream, Mr. Matthews."

And with that, Mr. Feeny turned around and walked away from them. Zoey chuckled softly as the three of them walked further into the hallway.

"Holy cow." Cory said when he saw Jerry and Shoshanna kissing on the bench. "Jerry and Shoshanna?"

"Deeply." Zoey stated, placing her hands into her jean pockets.

"Has the whole world paired off?" Cory wondered.

"Pretty much." Shawn said.

"Is there a list posted somewhere where I find out what girl's been assigned to me?" Cory asked, curious.

Shawn smirked. "You want a girlfriend?"

Cory shrugged, taking his backpack off. "No, not a girlfriend, just a girl, who's like a friend, but not a girlfriend."

"What about Zoey?" Shawn suggested. Zoey smiled and waved at her best friend.

"I know Zoey well enough... she's basically a sister to me." Cory responded.

Looking around the hallway, Zoey saw the new girl walking out of Mr. Turner's classroom.

"What about her?" Zoey wondered, cocking her head to the girl. "What about the new girl?"

"No." Cory said quickly. He then noticed Shawn and Zoey's confused expression. "I mean, I don't know her. Shut up. Look, I want someone I know, someone who knows me, someone who we know each other..."

"You just described Zoey." Shawn told him.

"Like I said... she's basically a sister to me." Cory repeated. "Someone like, uh.... Topanga!"

Turning around, Zoey saw Topanga walk down the small flight of stairs. Topanga turned to Cory when she heard her name called out.

Zoey sighed. "Of course."