Chapter 1 - A New Story Had Begun Its Storytelling

White Star had continued to fade with the small breeze inside the temple. Cale should be smiling in triumph as the sole person who gives him headache was now dying in front of him.

He just couldn't, since he was also facing the same fate like him, albeit a little bit slower as the White Star grinned like a psychopath.

"Cale-nim."

Thankfully, Choi Han came beside him when he was about to collapse right then and there as he hid his fading arm.

"Choi Han...let's go home."

Cale was tired, and he doesn't give an ounce of care if the swordsman saw him stab himself earlier.

He knew he is dying and ironically, he wanted to spend his last moments together with the people he's grown attached to.

A selfish wish, since he'll let them see fade away to dust and leave a deep scar among them.

Cale didn't even knew since when they had gone outside of the temple that was starting to break, all he knew was a small blob of black came rushing towards him together with On and Hong.

"Human! Everything is done now, right? The White Star is dead now right?"

Cale could only nod as his vision kept going fuzzy as he could distinctly hear the declaration of victory among the soldiers of the Roan Kingdom.

He sighed in an excruciating manner,"It's done, the white bastard is gone."

And so is he, in a matter of minutes he too, will be gone.

The redhead collapsed as the arm that was clutching over Choi Han's shoulder had also disappeared. Accompanied by labor breathings, the once screams of joy were turned into worries.

Everything felt like a white noise around him, completely comforting as he could hear the voices of the family he have as Cale Henituse.

He knew he's dying and in the end of his life, he didn't get to slack off.

Lazing off and watching his children grow up, was that too much to ask? Laughing with his family and annoy his hyung-nim, was it wrong to wish?

How cruel.

"He's fading! Why is he fading?!"

Cale couldn't even distinguish who said that.

Alberu slumped close to Cale whose arms are now fully faded as he didn't know whether to touch him or not, scared that if he did, Cale would fade more faster.

Eruhaben came close as he muttered 'unlucky bastard' which made Cale actually chuckle as he sighed.

The gold dragon felt a damp feeling near the redhead's chest area, particularly to his heart as he didn't waste any time and opened it abruptly.

There it was in its full glory, the black wound dripping with dead mana was seen by all of them.

"It's already too late...the substance already reached his heart." Eruhaben diagnosed as he caressed Cale's hair softly.

The sounds and gazes he received made him smile for them one last time. Cale exhaled as he felt someone hug him as he dazedly looked at his sworn brother. It was warm, just like a soft blanket covering him against the harsh winter.

Cale then hardly stifled a sentence, "Wake me up...after I sleep..."

Along with those words ending, he had faded away as he scattered together with a soft howl of the wind before everyone's eyes.

They all had won the war, but the cost of it was Cale Henituse dying in the end.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

The God of Death looked somberly at the drifting soul of Cale Henituse in front of him. The God never wanted any of this to happen. He just wanted for the reincarnator to disappear, but not also the human he needed once upon a time.

Then he looked to the people Cale left in the world of the living. He knew he couldn't bring back Cale to life as that thing itself was already defying against his natural attribute, and he could only curse himself since the hunters will soon begin their plans.

That leaves one thing to reconsider.

「Hello, old friend.」

The sparks of probability continued to stutter as a man appeared slowly in front of the God of Death.

「Death. What do I owe you the pleasure to call me?」

The God of Death stared at the Fourth Wall for a few seconds before sighing his answer.

「I want to make a deal with you.」

In the end, he resorted to the last thing that could save Cale Henituse and all of the world lines.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

Cale could hear voices speaking to one another and continued to listen, seeing that he can't open his eyes for the mean time.

He knew he was dead, and there wasn't supposed to be with him unless the Gods wanted to play him around or someone actually revived him.

The most believable choice would be the first one, Cale had assessed.

Remembering how he just died like that, Cale could only sigh internally as he thought series of apologies to the people he left.

[The 'Oldest Dream' is looking at you.]

'Who now?'

The redhead had finally managed to open his eyes as he could see a silhouette of a man wearing a white coat due to his blurry vision.

[A new story is being created!]

Cale was confused, and he was about to ask questions when he saw the scenery outside.

He soon learned that he was inside a train that ran around galaxies and stars as he was mesmerized by the sight itself.

He then again looked at the man in front of him.

Cale knew that he died, right after a few minutes after the White Star stabbed him a dagger coated with dead mana just like how he stabbed the other with the World Tree dagger.

So it came to an initial shock for him to wake up inside a train that reeks of loneliness and continued to run throughout galaxies, a man in a white coat in front of him that was giving him the same stare he's doing for the past few minutes.

"Gods really do whatever they want." He mumbled as he slumped in his own seat.

But then again, at least in death, he's not alone.

[The story, 'Those Who Seek Solace', had begun its storytelling!]