-Happy Birthday-

James Fleamont Potter hated his birthday. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to tell anyone. Sirius threw large parties every year, with a store full of alcohol and music blearing out so loud the Slytherins could probably hear it. Remus gave him small gifts, like broom polish and chocolate and Peter snuck into the kitchens to get food for a midnight feast in their dorm.

But, James Potter hated it all. He hated the reminder that he would have to grow up, get a job and live a boring life of unfulfilled dreams till he was in his forties. And he knew, as he sat in the corner of the Gryffindor dorms watching his Lily flower snog a boy that wasn't him, that he hated birthdays even more.

He walked out of his own party, pushing past the boisterous crowd, into the corridor. Stuffing his hands in his pockets as he walked down the seemingly endless stairs of Hogwarts. And as he reached the painting of a fruit bowl he was ridden with despair.

As he tickled the pear and pushed open the door, he was rather surprised to see someone inside. A girl nonetheless. He had believed that Sirius invited everyone in school other than Snivellus and his gang of idiots. As he looked around, it seemed to him that the house elves had all disappeared, and it made the kitchen seem rather empty.

The girl was humming to herself, a lullaby it seemed, in a quiet voice. She was mixing something too, and it smelled strongly of chocolate. Plucking up the courage, James tried to speak but his voice seemed to have been muffled, perhaps she had cast a spell on him, or perhaps it was a prank, but he still wanted to get her attention.

She walked towards the oven, a tray in hand, sliding whatever it was into the top shelf before turning around, eyes widening as she saw James. The two stood in silence until she flicked her wand. While James was still stood in confusion (and a little bit of terror), she just smiled, her nose scrunching up as she did.

"Shouldn't you be at that party?-" she said in a voice so quiet that if they weren't alone, he wouldn't have been able to hear.

He gulped slightly, a sheepish smile on his face as he once again tried to respond, his throat going dry. Instead he just shrugged, sitting down on a chair placed next to the counter.

"Not talking for a change ay Potter-?" she laughed to herself as he scoffed. Deciding to figure out why she was there.

"Who Are you exactly." He rushed, regretting his wording biting his tounge before running a hand through his hair and leaning an elbow on the table trying to look cool, which in result just got his elbow covered in flour.

"Lets just say, I'm a friend." She replied, her voice still just as quiet as before, although she was a bit confused as to why he had his elbow in the flour.

Following her eyes, he jumped off the counter top, dusting his elbow off. Smirking at her before saying,
"You're in my fanclub I suppose-?"

She began to laugh, tears spilling from the sides of her eyes as she continued. "Merlin I'm not in anyones bloody fancl-" She was interrupted by a small beeping sound. Swishing around she took the tray out the oven, revealing it to James as a cake. She placed it down, waving her wand in multiple unfamiliar patterns as it began to decorate itself, in the end saying, 'Happy Birthday Prongsie'.

"I suppose you're here to pick up the cake then- Black made me make it." she rolled her eyes at his name, he was shamelessly flirtatious with about fifty girls in school which absolutely creeped her out.

James eyes only widened at this, normally there was a small cake meant for the next days feast, nothing that special.
"Yes well- Sirius wants the cake to- uh- stay in the kitchen." He nodded to himself, he didn't want the big fuss of the song and clapping, he would much prefer to have a laugh with the Marauders and stuff their faces with seeets before racing around the Quidditch pitch.

"But- The kitchens are closing soon? Does he not want the cake-" The girl looked down hopelessly, dissapointed in the fact she made it for nothing.

"He well- He said he doesn't so.." James raised an eyebrow as he came up with an idea, "How about we go eat it then-? In the hallway or something. It's better than it going to waste!"

She perked up at this picking up two forks along with the cake, handing him a fork, before they both walked out of the kitchen, wandering through the corridor before they found a small ledge to sit and eat.

They began to stuff their faces with cake, whilst laughing and joking, James made multiple deer jokes (which she did not laugh at) and they played games too. However as the hours went by the two hadn't realised it was way past curfew. Until of course, one Remus Lupin stumbled across them in the corridor, deciding to let them off easy since it was James's birthday.

"Oi, Prongsie! Be a deer and get back to the common room- Pads is waiting for you. He's shitfaced but still waiting-" James grinned at his friends voice, turning to the girl (who he had yet to find out the name of) before standing up, placing his fork down onto the side of the cake plate.

"I better go now- See you around maybe?-" He looked down at the girl who nodded quickly, and as he ran off to his friend, she muttered three words under her breath.

"Happy Birthday James-"