Chap 1

Note: I really hope something similar to this doesn't happen to Hetty (because of how brutal it would be.), though, my paranoia and distrust of the writers to come up with something that isn't a rehash or rewrite of something from past seasons is telling me otherwise. (Season 9 was hard enough to get through the first time around...)

Also, I really need her and Callen to be back on good terms before this Season ends because they're so special and I love their bond so much! (And I also need a scene where either of them tell that cranky baffoon to shove it!)

Enjoy.

Callen got an expected call from Kilbride.

'I suspend you, and you take off to Syria to save someone who treats you like a pawn?! Just, what the hell is this team anyways?!' Kilbride spouted off, angry.

'You know what Kilbride? I don't have to explain myself to you! There was nothing legally keeping me from traveling to Syria to find Hetty, and I'm glad I did what I did! Because she would've died in that awful prison if I didn't save her! But you don't care about that, do you?! In fact, you would've rather she die overseas so you could have the team all to yourself, right?!' Callen shouted back.

'Either hold your tongue Agent Callen, or I will make sure you never work at NCIS ever again! And if you think your midget Operations Manager can help you out of this...'

'Go fuck yourself!'

Then Callen hung up, proud of what he said. Sure, he might be fired, but he had had enough of the cranky old bastard trying to tell him what to do, and basically trying to shove Hetty aside.

After arriving in Syria, Zasha told him that she lost track of Hetty somewhere in the desert. After an immense search, they found a big, prison like building. While raiding it, they found a lot of cages, prisoners, and a door to an even worse looking underground prison. There were not as many cages, but they were in bad condition, and there was even a gruesome looking torture chamber!

When they eventually found Hetty, Callen almost couldn't believe her condition: Bandages on her legs and arms, bruises on her face, marks on her neck that looked like needle marks, it gave him a sad reminder of what it was like to find her in Vietnam.

She was barely awake when he found her, he even had to carry her out of the prison and onto the medic chopper, and when the medics examined her, her messed up clothes revealed more bruises on her chest and back.

'My god, what did these monsters do to her?!' Callen thought, horrified at the sight.

They were brought to a hospital on a military base.

'She's lucky to be alive.' The doc said, hours later.

'No kidding.' Callen thought, then he went to sit with her at her bed side.

'Beaten, whipped, drugged, water boarded, could be in recovery for a few months, heaven knows what her mental health will be after this.' Callen thought, then he buried his face in his hands and started to cry, not just because of her condition, but because of how they left things before she left.

Months ago, he had become obsessed with finding out more of his past, and in the midst of it, he snapped at Hetty in the burn room.

'And that could've been our last ever conversation.' Callen softly said, feeling horrible at how he acted.

He brushed his tears off, turned to look at Hetty, and saw her eyes were open.

Holding her shaking hand. 'I don't know if you can hear me, but I am so so sorry for what I said to you in the burn room! And I am so sorry that this has happened to you!' Callen said, struggling to hold back tears.

Then he noticed a tear coming out of her left eye. He wasn't sure if it was because of the pain she was in, or being relived to be safe, but he felt knots form in his throat at the sight.

After gently brushing it away, he promised to be with her through every step of her recovery, and would support her if she chose to go to therapy.

Because one way or another, he had to make things right with her.

Then Callen kissed her hand, and gently laid it back on the bed, and watched as Hetty went back to sleep.