nine.

..⃗.  [night shift] 𑁍ࠜ ・゚ˊˎ

╰┈➤ ❝ [the floor seemed wonderfully solid

╰┈ [the floor seemed wonderfully solid. it was comforting to know i had fallen and could fall no farther.]
╰┈sylvia plath

HIS HEAVY GLARE WAS IMPOSING TO ANYONE WHO HEARD HIM. They all avoided his gaze like a hot iron. Even as he stared at the shut door to the club in front of him, he felt the growing tension inside. He was sure the guard at the door was discussing how to get rid of him. Unfortunately for them, he wasn't so easy to get rid of. "You're gonna stand out." The voice in his earpiece spoke as he waited for the door to reopen. "Maybe if you were wearing more leather, you might fit in better. Y'know, this one time I was at a club in college, I saw a guy wearing a leather thong. I mean, ass fully out-"

"Siobhan," his voice was gruff and gravelly. She mumbled an apology into the earpiece as she continued typing on the computer next to her. The door swung open, revealing the twins. They looked him up and down, almost laughing in his face. "You know who I am?" He asked the two.

"We've got an idea." One of them scoffed and chuckled. His arms crossed over his chest, puffing it out to seem more intimidating. "What're you doin' here?" The other asked with a glare in his eyes.

"I want to see the Penguin."

"No idea what you're talkin' about, pal."

"Twins are so creepy. And don't get me started on triplets... Christ." His jaw clenched at the woman's voice in his ear. It was odd having someone behind his eyes, in his ears. An ever-watchful gaze accompanying him. In his two years of doing this, he'd always done it alone, almost preferred it that way. He'd thought about asking Alfred to keep watch if he had nothing else to do. But her constant side commentary almost made him glad he never had. If Alfred was even a tenth this talkative, he was grateful for the solitude.

"There's no Penguin here." One of the twins spoke, taking a step towards Bruce. "Get out of here, freak. You hear me? Or that little suit's gonna get all full of blood."

"Mine or yours?"

As one of the twins began to raise his fist, Bruce slammed his own fist into the man's neck. His movements were quick as he hit the other twin, sending them both to the ground, unconscious. Before their bodies could even hit the pavement, he pushed past and began making his way deeper into the club. "Jesus, Bruce. Remind me to never piss you off." She chuckled through the earpiece. Club patrons shouted obscenities at him as he pushed past them. They all watched as he made his way deeper into the club, the techno music growing louder in the speakers of the cave.