Outsiders Luck

On a dark and stormy night, a boy named Rin was trying to get home after his tiring work shift when he saw a big door open wider than the ocean. When he stepped in front of the door, a light flashed before his eyes and he was suddenly in a warm and dry place.

"Wow, this place is so beautiful!" he exclaimed looking around. The first thing that he noticed was that everything was made up of sushi. The boy wondered if he could eat it but decided not to.

"Does anyone even live here? I guess I'm alone," is what he said before seeing a shadow from a pillar. He decided to ignore it and continued to bask in the castle's loveliness. The shadow behind the pillar was a short boy named Yoon. Yoon is the prince of the castle and the only person in the castle. Yoon glares at the outsider from behind the pillar watching his every move. Once the boy gets closer, he flees into the kitchen to wait for him.

"This kitchen is the same size as my apartment! So cool~" Rin freezes as he sees Yoon sitting on the massive dining table glaring at him.

"Um, who are you?"

"I think I should be asking you that question, who are you?" Yoon says firmly not giving up his nasty glare.

"Well my name is Rin and uh I was just trying to find a warm place to stay until the storm calmed down," he lets out nervously, taking a few steps back.

"What storm? It's not raining outside."

"Anyways, do you need help with anything? I can cook and I can also clean. Anything really," Yoon starts walking away annoyed by the male.

"I don't need help, please see yourself out," he stops facing Rin. Yoon really doesn't want anything to do with him, especially knowing that the boy isn't of royal blood. He is always trying to avoid moments like this by not going outside. When he was younger, he would always hide behind his parents so he wouldn't have to interact with all of the superior adults around him. So now, Yoon likes to be alone and in the dark.

"Please uh whatever your name is, you seem very lonely. You don't have to pay me or anything, I'll do it all for free, just give me a chance." Rin pleads to the younger male like a lost puppy. Even though Rin already had a high-paying job he just couldn't leave him like this, he could become depressed!

"My name is Yoon, since you really want to help that bad I'll let you. Just do everything quickly or else you are out of here," he says softly knowing that the boy is still a bit nervous.

"Thank you so much! I won't disappoint you I swear!"

"Then you should get to work right? Make me dinner," Yoon says in a teasing manner. Just maybe Rin will have his first-ever friend.

Rin ended up staying a month there already. Yoon was really surprised by how fast he worked, even his cleaning was fast! The boy doesn't want to be too nice to him because he has only seen this side of him but he thinks that it will change soon.

While watching the family portrait on the wall, Yoon is greeted by Rin who has chocolate-chip cookies in his hand.

"I'm not really hungry right now, I don't want them," Yoon says with no emotion in his voice.

"Well, I made them just for you! I maybe went through all of your stuff while cleaning your room but that's not the point. Take them!"

"You went through my stuff? Why would you do that! Whatever just, leave me alone!" he exclaims running to his room.

Rin follows Yoon into his room with the cookies in hand. The boy turns around and glares at him, making Rin jump. "I said leave me alone!" Yoon snaps, pushing Rin out of the room, spilling the cookies.

"But I told you-"

"And I told you I don't want them!" Yoon slams the door, leaving Rin standing there in shock.

After a few hours, Rin decides to confront Yoon to say sorry to him. He didn't know that the boy would be so protective over his stuff but it doesn't matter now since he hurt his feelings. Rin knocks on the door twice with no answer so he walks in on Yoon crying on the floor holding a notebook.

"Uh, Yoon? I just wanted to say I'm sorry," he starts taking a deep breath. "I shouldn't have been so curious about your stuff even if some weren't that important to you. It was wrong of me and I would like your forgiveness." Yoon looked at the boy and motioned him to come. As Rin sat down next to him, the male opened the notebook and showed him a picture of what looked like Yoon and his parents.

"These are my parents, Rin. When I was 14, outsiders like you came and took my parents away," he sighs trying not to cry again.

"They made my parents divorce and I haven't seen them since. They ruined my life," as Yoon starts to sob, Ron pulls him in for a hug. "I'm sorry that happened to you but I'm not here to ruin your life Yoon."

"How am I supposed to know that? You are being too nice to me."

Rin stays silent, not wanting to get into an argument with the younger boy. He decided to listen to the male talk.

"Do you think I'm selfish Rin? Just because of my parents I am like this."

"You aren't selfish, you just won't let go of the past," he says watching his tears run like a waterfall. They sit there in silence until Yoon speaks up, "I think I understand now, you should leave. I don't want you to help me anymore."

Rin stands up quietly leaving the room. Maybe he didn't find a friend after all; he felt like he ruined Yoon's life even more and he just couldn't bring himself to see him again.

When he stepped outside it was still raining cats and dogs but he couldn't go back and he won't ever go back.

After a few days, Yoon started to feel like a lonely whale waiting for their family to come back. His heart felt so empty and it hurt him a lot. Rin made him feel full and alive even though he wasn't showing it. He realized that Rin is the type of person he needs in his life, he needs a friend.

Yoon races down the flight of stairs and puts on his boots and coat. Once he was done, he stepped out of the castle doors. It really was raining like crazy.

While spending some time with Rin, the older male told him about his favourite park to go to after his work shift. Yoon didn't even know any street names so he was forced to talk to some old man.

"Um, do you know where Monarch Park is?" he asks the man in front of him.

"Yeah, just go up Coxwell Avenue and you'll be there."

"Thank you so much," Yoon didn't waste any time and ran to the park faster than a moving train. Once he got there he immediately spotted the boy looking at his phone. He was so relieved to see him after not seeing Rin in what seemed like years.

"Rin! I'm so happy to see you!" Yoon latches himself around the boy. "Yoon? What are you doing here?" Rin says genuinely shocked to see actually outside of the Sushi Castle.

"I came here to see you and I'm sorry for being so selfish Rin, I wanna be friends with you." He says in one breath. Rin just looks at him and smiles. "I am sure we can be the best of friends Yoon, Thank you."

Rin and Yoon hug for what seemed like forever. Never wanting to let go, knowing that they have both found the friend they were longing for all this time.

"And that is how I met your dad! Cool huh?"

"Yes, uncle Rin! Very cool," the young girl exclaims.

"I think that's enough stories for now, your uncle has to get home now," Yoon says smiling at his child.

The girl sulks, "Okay, bye-bye uncle. See ya next week."

The end.

IN MY RAE ERA PURRRRRR