𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓: 003

Holding back your tongue was something your weren't very fond of. Your sharp tongue and rough wittiness often times got you in trouble. Especially with your mother.

Grunting, you slammed the end of your Urumi onto the ground in front of your opponent. Smacking your lips when they successfully side stepped out of the way. Yanking it back it fastened itself into a sword where you skillfully twirled it around your wrist cluting it by the handle.

Your opponent was big and easily towered over you. They were sharp and as fast as lighting. They were crafty and cool under pressure.

But so were you.

So it wasn't a surprise when they lunged at you like a wild bear--
(Foreshadowing??? 😳)

Weapon drawn they swung at you, ducking you swiped the bottom of their calves knocking them over. They grunted at the collison of the sturdy gravel below them. As they went to stand you placed the end of your blade to their neck. Both pair breathing heavily, a chortle escaped your fallen opponent.

"You're getting better me wee firecracker!" They bellowed with a hardy laugh. You scoffed.

"Or you're just getting old dad." He snorted. Staring up at his child who sheathed their weapon and helped them up. A small smile forming on his lips when he noticed their more than usual monotone expression.

"Take it the talk with your mother didn't go to well hm?"

"You knew!?" With a below your father doubled over when you punched him square in the belly. "Firecracker! Im getting old yea!? Can't be takin' punches like that!" He huffed.

You could only groan, sinking intonthe rich soil beneath you. Plump legs close to your chest you buried your face into your knees. "Papa, she's making me wed to a stranger!" You cried. "I don't know what I'm supposed to do,,,this isn't what I want,,," With pursed lips your father sighed solemnly, sitting next to you with a quiet gruff he placed a loving arm around your shoulder bringing you closer to his larger stature. "Oh my sweet child," He started.

"So bright and bold ye are, I see ya darlin'."

𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆