𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓: 004

There was only a week until clans from other kingdoms would be arriving at DunBroch and Meridan had tried everything in his power to at least slow the event down.

All his plans were all for not. He was caught everytime and he grew angrier by the day.

His father was no different. With each crafty attempt to stop the ceremony he was always a step ahead and quite frankly it was getting tedious.

"Meridian, sit up straight will you--is that how you'll be sitting when your spouse arrives?" Said male groaned, shoulders slouching more than previously. "Meridan." His father scowled before he finally sat up straight.

It was supposed to be a family dinner to prepare for the arrival of the clans but things seemed to head south quickly.

"I don't understand why you're so upturned about this Meridian, I thought I told you to make your peace with this."

Muttered his father as he read over a few more letters from the clans--some where late for arrival.

"How do you expect me to make peace with something I don't want?" He stiffled back, picking with the mystery meat on his palette. At this point he kinda wished he was younger again, like his three younger sisters.

He and his father got along swell when he was a wee lad, now, everything's changed.

"It's marriage Meridian-"

"I don't want to be married."

He cut him off, not bothering to look at his fathers direction, instead he looked at his mother, same firery hair, a plump muscular built and the same buring passion.

What did she see in his father?

The thought made him snort, shoveling some mashed potatoes into his mouth.

"Hungry aren't you?"

Meridian could feel his cheeks burn.

"Aye! Leave 'im be! He's a growing boy!" His mother boasted, thundering voice to match her thundering personality.

"Uch- Felicity would ya look at your sons plate!" Meridian cranned his neck to look at his mother who paused, chicken breast close to her plump lips as she glanced at his plate. "So what?" She shrugged

Eugene rolled his eyes, a small smile on his lips at the look his wife sent him before it soon vanished as quick as it came.

"The clans," He paused "The clans'll be here by tomorrow."

Meridian lurched foward, "WHAT!?" His voiced carried at is echoed around the dinning hall, his sisters paused to stare at him before continuing to throw food around. "Meridian, lower your voice, a prince does not shout."

"I thought they wouldn't be here for another week!"

His father placed a curled finger to his chin, head tilted slightly as he took another letter reading them both.

"I thought so too, the currents must be on our sides today yea?" His father thought this was a good thing, Meridian thought otherwise.

"No nonono! The currents aren't on our side!"

"Meridian!" His father sneered, before talking through clamped teeth. "Lower, your voice."

Meridian was shaking, he was frustrated, he was mad. He could feel the stinging of tears pricking his eyes, a quirk that seemed to happen when he was truly upset. Felicity cut them off. "Girls you're excused."

The three didn't need to be told twice as they scampered from their seats and out the dining hall. Felicity sighed, she wasn't soft spoken and often ran head first into situations but her son and husband needed her. They weren't listening to one another and it was becoming a problem, especially seeing the small tears gathering along her sons eyes.

"You two,"

They never took their eyes from one another, but they heard her.

"You two need to listen to one another, sitting here, arguing won't get either of you to see the other."

Felicity sighed, both her boys where stubborn, she just hopped they wouldn't hurt each other in the end.

𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆