Chapter one

The Prince and the Lady Warrior

I'm pretty sure I was in my first year of junior high when I heard about this peculiar story...

"Gather around everyone!" I heard my teacher shouted out to the class.
"Another story Sensei..? These are so boring!" my classmate shouted in agony.
"Sakuto! Don't be mean to sensei! last time you were crying when she read us a story!" my other classmate, kana shouted.
"W-Well because the cute puppy died! Who wouldn't be sad!"
"Sakuto...The puppy was a stuffed animal and it didn't die, the arm was was sewed on wrong" Kana explained.
The whole class laughed at him.
"Don't laugh at sakuto guys, he's just an emotional person and is very expressive, its a good thing to express how you feel about something" sensei said.
"Yeah!" Sakuto replied.
"Haha, so shall I start today's story?"
"Yeahhh!" The whole class shouted out.
"Okay..."

There once was a prince and a lady warrior. These two were very different people with very different duties. Since they were so different, they didn't really get along. And so, they caused chaos to the people around them. They destroyed food stands, farms, peoples homes, and special china sets. They two were despised by the kingdom. Especially the prince since he had a reputation to uphold, this made the prince even more angered by the warrior. One day, someone cried out to this beautiful goddess. The goddess granted wishes. But the thing was, she only granted wishes that she felt was worthy of granting. She was asked to stop the prince and lady warrior from destroying the land. The goddess found this wish silly, but when she saw the two going at it, she thought of something. She appeared before the two and granted the persons wish. Then out of nowhere, a red string appeared wrapped around the smallest finger on left side of the warrior and the princes hands. The red string was connected to each other. Then the goddess said, "You two are now bonded by this string and your souls will be one with another." At first the two didn't really like the idea of the string that connected them. But slowly overtime, the two started to fall in love and lived together happily until the end of their time.

"I don't really get what's so special about this story sensei..." Sakuto said, scratching his head confused.
"well, you see, because of this wish, at a certain age in our lives, a red string appears on our smallest finger on our left hand. You might not see it now, but you will sooner or later." Sensei said to us.
"That's so cool sensei!" Kana said.

At the time, I didn't really care about the story because I never found interest in romance like that but I guess the times have changed.

I'm now a third year in highschool, getting ready to go to college. I attend school at Shiratorzawa. Im 17 years old and currently a youth ice skater.

At school, I don't really have friends, but neither do I have enemies.
"I'll take the textbooks to the librarian now, thanks" I said, carrying the textbooks.
As I was walking someone had bumped into me.
I then fell onto the floor.
"Oi! Watch where you're walking!" The kid that bumped into me shouted.
"You bumped into me though." I said, picking up the books.
"Who're you?" He asked me.
"L/n Y/n"
I looked to see who it was, it was sakuto, a kid from junior high.
"Y/n....Y/n! ah! Sorry I didn't mean to bump into you please don't be mad I really didn't mean what I said ealier please forgive me!" He said, bowing.
"Ah....it's fine" I said, lost.
I think sakuto finds me intimidating for some reason, I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong to him. He's a strange kid...

After school, I went to the rink as usual.
"You're here earlier than usual y/n" Yuna said to me. Yuna works at the rink I skate at.
"Yeah. it's friday, the third years were inviting everyone to go out to karaoke and I didn't want to deny them.. or talk to them, so I ran here." I explained.
"You're really anti-social..." Yuna said, sighing.
"Not really, I'd rather not waste time on hanging out with people I don't even know" I said.
"I guess, but you're still a kid, you should have your fun while you can" Yuna added.
"..This is my fun" I replied.
She looked at me.
"Yeah.." She said, smiling.
"The rinks not empty today! so make sure to not anger anyone!" Yuna said to me.
"Got it!" I said, getting onto the rink after I finished getting ready.
I usually practice in the middle of the rink, where no one usually goes because most people skate while hanging onto the rails.
I was skating as usual and then I noticed someone. They didn't know me, I didn't know them. But for some reason that person just looked at me as I looked at him. I got distracted and bumped into someone.
"Geez yuna's gonna be pretty upset now..." I mumbled.
"Are you okay!?" Someone asked me.
I turned to see who it was.
It was a kid, about my age, with ginger hair.
"I'm fine, sorry for bumping into you" I apologized.
"It's fine, I wasn't looking where I was going, I'm not really good at skating so I hope you're alright" He said, smiling.
"I'm okay, thank you, if this is your first time I recommend using the skating bars. So instead of holding the walls, you can use the skate bars and hold onto them as you skate freely" I explained.
"Oh! I'll try! Thank you" He said.
"Yep, no problem" I said, skating away.
After practicing I changed back into my school uniform and took a seat at the bleachers.
"You go to Shiratorizawa!?" Someone shouted. It was the same guy I had bumped into.
"Well no duh sherlock, she's wearing the uniform" the ginger's friend said, bumping his head.
"I know! I was just confirming!" He replied.
"You must be crazy smart then haha" A freckled kid said.
"I suppose.." I said.
"I've got to go now.." I said, quietly excusing myself.
"Okay! Hopefully we see each other again!" The orange hair kid said.
I nodded my head and walked out.
I entered the car waiting for me and went home.

When we arrived home mom immediately approached me.
"Need something?" I asked, confused.
"We're having some business partners come over for dinner and they're having their whole family over and I want you to get ready" she explained to me.
"Okay.." I said, walking to my bedroom.
I wore a simple dress and let my hair down.
"This should be okay..." I mumbled.
Once the guests came over, I went back to the dinner table.
I greeted the guests.
The lady had a kid around my age. It was the same kid at the rink, the one I noticed staring at me.
What a coincidence...

"Tsukishima-sama, this is my daughter, y/n." Mom introduced me.
"It's nice to meet you Tsukishima-sama.." I said, bowing.
"Yes you too. These are my sons Akiteru and Kei. You and Kei are around the same age so please get along" Tsukishima-sama said.
I nodded.
Afterwards we went to the dinner table and ate dinner as mom and tsukishima-sama talked about politics.
"Sorry to change the topic but y/n, what school do you attend?" Tsukishima-Sama asked me.
"Oh I attend Shiratorizawa high" I explained.
"..you must be very intelligent" she said, smiling at me.
"I flattered.." I said, chuckling.
After the dinner it seemed like mom was happy.
"I might really get the go ahead!" She said excitingly.
"That's good" I said, happy that she was happy.

The next day I went into the living room to find Tsukishima-sama sitting on the couch, chatting it up with mom.
"Good morning Y/n, you're going to the rink? Mind taking Kei-Kun?" She said.
I looked at him.
"..sure" I said.
We got into the car and drove to the rink.
"Sorry about my mom" Kei said to me.
"It's fine.." I said.
"What grade are you?" I asked.
"I'm a third year" he said.
"Oh, okay.." I said.

When we arrived at the rink we got out of the car and went inside.
"You know what skates to get right?" I asked.
He nodded his head.
I grabbed my skates and walked to the rink.
"I figured you'd be here" I said.
"I'm still practicing my routine I've yet to get in memorized" yuna said, whining.
"You'll get It down soon enough, don't worry" I said.
"Did kazuya get his routine down yet?" I asked.
"I'm pretty sure because he said he's been going to this rink in the next city over" yuna explained to me.
"Oh.." I said.
I noticed Kei get onto the rink.
"Who's that? A friend?" Yuna asked.
"Moms co-workers son" I Said.
"He's pretty attractive, how olds he?" Yuna asked.
"He's a third year" I said.
"Ohh, just one year younger. Think I have a chance with him?" She asked.
"I don't know.. what about your fated pair?" I asked.
"I know but my string hasn't appeared yet, so I have time to date right?" Yuna said.
"I suppose..."
"I'll ask for his number" yuna said, chuckling.

I was practicing my routine as usual.
Marking where my quads were supposed to me.
Actually practicing my quads.
Compared to my other routines before, this one is... more expressive. I don't know how to explain it but Yuna told me it gave her chills when I showed her my routine. I have a competition in a week so I have to be prepared.

In the corner of my eye, I noticed Yuna and Kei talking.
It didn't really bother me so I just kept practicing.

After around six hours we wrapped up.
I waited in the car for Kei to come.
"Did I practice too long, sorry" I said.
"Its fine..." he said.

We arrived back at home and had lunch.
As we were eating, mom looked upset.
After Tsukishima-sama and Kei left I asked mom what was wrong.
"I'm just upset Tsukishima-sama didn't want to go with my idea..." she said.
"Really? Why not?" I asked
"She said I'm too in the present, she wants me to think about the future.." mom explained to me.
"I see.." I said.

The next day I went to Tsukishima-Sama's company and confronted her.

To be Continued...