Big Shoes

Being an influencer comes with stress and hard work, judgement too but also many perks. Especially when said influencer is a fashion icon and total shoe lover, which is why she was invited to SneakerCon.

Y/N

I had just wrapped up my instagram live where I chose my outfit for the first day at SneakerCon. I was a complete "sneaker head" and had been lucky enough to get invited. I got dressed and popped out my camera.

"Alo, alo, alo guys! So aujourd'hui est la première journée of SneakerCon" I said, super excited, "and here is the fit." I stood my camera on my desk and spun to show my outfit. Then I picked the camera back up and held it to show myself in a full length mirror.

"I've got my Nike Dunk Lows in Triple Pink and then just some JW Anderson wide-leg, raw-edge jeans, that I was lucky enough to thrift because whooo they are price-y" I say, emphasizing the word pricey. "On top I'm wearing this pink wrap top from princess Polly!" I finish.

 "On top I'm wearing this pink wrap top from princess Polly!" I finish

"I think it's time to head downstairs to get some breaky and I'll be back to do my hair and makeup!" I turn off my camera and take a deep breath to calm myself down from how happy I am

"I think it's time to head downstairs to get some breaky and I'll be back to do my hair and makeup!" I turn off my camera and take a deep breath to calm myself down from how happy I am. It's only day one of SneakerCon so I don't want to go all out just yet.

I was staying with my uncle in San Antonio and ran into him in the kitchen.

"Good morning," he greets me, "nice outfit."

"Thanks Uncle B" I reply, putting my bread in the toaster and cracking open an egg.

I'm originally from the majority French part of Louisiana, but I live in Atlanta at the moment. I've lived kind of all over the south United States. I'm adopted to a single mum, she's like my best friend, and my biological brother, Nelson. When my mum found out my biological mother (who I'm not in contact with) had another baby, she adopted him as soon as she could. He's only six so he's at home with mom while I took a flight here to Texas by myself, I'm sixteen so it was ok.

Finishing off my breakfast, I walk back up the stairs and film my make up and hair routine. I'm sponsored by Burt's Bees which is sick so I advertise that and make a TikTok as well. I get my bag containing camera batteries, my phone, portable charger, headphones and a small necessities kit (lip balm, band aids, pads, snacks...)

I swipe my mask and wallet off of the coffee table, shoving them in my bag and toss my uncle the car keys.

"Alright, alright, here we go," he says, starting the Hylander. "You excited?"

"Hell yes!" I exclaim. I look down to see his Notre x Vans covered feet pressing on the pedals. I have the same shoes in the color Bordeaux.

Upon arriving, I pause The Oasis and take my phone off the aux. Uncle B and I shoot each other a look and both prepare ourselves for the crowd we are about to face. He is a pretty big man, standing at a whopping 6"4' and he's a personal trainer so he's very strong, he works almost as my bodyguard, he looks the part too with his black hoodie.

He steps out of the car first, jogging around to my side to block me from the squealing fans. I put on my mask before I'm met with a swirl of people ranging from the age of about seven to twenty. I take some photos and sign some things, it's pretty cool to be asked for an autograph.

I eventually make it inside, recognizing a few people. I capture some things for my stories and then pull out my vlogging camera to commence filming.

"Guess who's here?" I pause as Viviana walks into frame and hugs me from the side.

"Hi!" she shouts.

"For those of you who don't know, Viv is a good friend of mine. She's been my mentor almost since I first got into social media," I explain. "You may notice she looks a little wrinkly, she's 24 after all" I joke, laughing already.

"Hey," she chuckles and punches me in the arm, "I'm not even old!"

She shows the camera the shoes she has already found and we turn off the camera, starting to walk around.

My day so far had consisted of looking at shoes, taking pictures with supporters, waking around, looking at more sneakers, buying a pair of blue Tyler The Creator Chuck 70s, signing shoes and cards, taking photos and strolling around even more.

I was in dire need of a break and a real meal seeing as it was already three p.m. Uncle B suggests we go to Chipotle and I immediately agree. We decide on ordering Uber Eats instead of actually going because of the hot Texas weather and the mid day traffic.

I head into one of the back rooms reserved for special invited guests while B goes to the washroom. I take my phone and pick my order then my uncle's, I place the order and switch to my camera.

"Hi," I say smirking. "So Uncle B is just in the bathroom and I've just placed our chipotle orders." I pull out my chapstick. "Oh? What was that? What product am I using?" I joke, definitely unfunny to my audience but jokes to me. I once again put on lip stuff, tinted lip balm and lip gloss, then promote my discount code. I chat to the camera a little.

There were a few others in the room already so I wasn't talking very loud, I shut off the film, thinking about how I would have to play with the sound levels when editing.

Someone caught my eye walking onto the room. He wore red shorts and and Off White black t-shirt. My reflex was to check out his shoes, he was wearing shoes I'd never seen before but that scream Shoe Surgeon.

"Uh hey, are you y/yt/n?" he asks, walking towards me, seemingly nervous.

"Uh, yeah. But you can just call me y/n or y/n/n for short," I smile at him. He looks familiar, had I met him before?

"Oh cool, could I maybe, uh, get a photo?"

"For sure!" I stand up and we take a few selfies. "So what brings you to this wonderful convention of shoes?" I ask.

"Just a big sneaker head I guess," he chuckles. "Nice shoes by the way."

I look at my feet, "thanks! You too but I don't recognize them, what are they?"

"What are they? They are custom sneakers by the Shoe Surgeon," he explains.

"Ahh, I thought they might be." I look over his shoulder and see Uncle walking onto the room. "I'm just about to have some lunch, did you want to sit with me?"

"Sure, thanks," he pulls out a chair and plops down. "Oh shit I didn't even introduce myself, I'm Javon but you can call me Wanna if you'd like."

"No way, that's where I recognize you from." I realize he's a boxer and pretty sure he goes to my school.

He just laughs.

"You go to Buford right? God I'm so sorry I didn't even think about it."

He looked a bit shocked, maybe because I didn't bring up his career and how he's practically famous. "Yes, I'm an actor too" he stutters a bit.

"And a boxer, I've seen your instagram, you are amazing."

A/N: so now I have a Danny Ric book, a Jaden Walton book and a Wanna book... it's all about the live laugh love (: