Scorching Weather

Story Created: 3/21/22

1:00 P.M. – The Spies' Beach House

The spies were relaxing at the beach house, but it was a very warm day today. Sam and Alex had crop tops on – blue for Sam, white for Alex – and Sam had black capri pants on while Alex had a green skirt on. As for Clover, she was also showing some midriff with a pink tanktop with a #1 on the front and pink jean shorts.

"Did anybody see today's high this morning?" Alex wondered.

"Not me," Clover answered.

Sam thought back to this morning's news.

"Crap, why'd I go with capri pants today?!" Sam chastised. "I heard 93 was the high today."

"93?!" Alex chastised.

"I guess we should expect those temps until nightfall," Clover sighed.

"Hopefully Mat and Britney and the others come back with our lunches soon," Alex remarked.

"I almost feel guilty for not going with them to get lunch," Sam replied with a slight cringe.

"Me, too," Clover stated, feeling some guilt, too.

"Well, it's too late, unfortunately," Alex added. "I wonder if we might be met with a few complaints when they get back?"

"It's just a lunch trip, Alex," Sam chuckled.

"Yeah, I don't think we'd have anything to worry about," Clover giggled.

They then thought of what to do while waiting.

As soon as Sam and Clover eyed their pool outside, grins came on their faces; Alex saw what they were looking at, and she seemed to deduce that the pool seemed to be the ideal place to be. They nodded and proceeded to go there until...

"Wait!!" Clover proclaimed.

"Why the stop, Clover?" Sam wondered.

Everybody got out their X-Powders after Sam and Alex realized none of the threesome were in swimsuits.

"Sammy, did you say the high was 93 today?" Clover asked.

"Uh-huh," Sam answered, looking perplexed.

"Well, in that case..." Clover started. "Would a bathing suit do justice?"

"Clover, are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" Sam asked with a surprised look on her face.

Alex was surprised, too.

Clover could tell Sam and Alex had full intentions of wearing swimsuits if they were going to their pool.

Meanwhile, the rest of the spies were on their way home from gathering lunch for the team.

"Yikes, why is it so freakin' hot today?" Mat groaned. "I mean, I know it's normal for this time of the year, but this feels ridiculous!!"

"If you think this is ridiculous, you should see what it's like in Florida," Nick chuckled. "I went there a few years back to visit my aunt, and I swear to god I thought I was going to literally melt like the Wicked Witch after getting splashed."

"...huh. That's an image," Britney giggled.

"Has that happened to you a lot, Nick?" Blaine asked.

"Oh, Blaine, do I have stories to tell you," Nick laughed. "How about the one time I went to Hawaii as a kid?"

"Wait a minute, you actually went to Hawaii before all of this?!" Mat gasped.

"Yeah, when I was younger," Nick responded. "Mom and dad went there for their belated honeymoon when I was only ten, and I was super jealous, so I basically begged mom and dad to take me with them next time they went. I sure as heck wasn't expecting it to be so hot and humid, but I still had a ton of fun."