04

Watching the two rivals battle it out was difficult

Midoriya had started out strong, having managed to gain the upper hand at the start of the exercise by anticipating Bakugou's attacks. The tables quickly turned, however, when the explosive teen demonstrated the power of his gauntlets. The force of the blast sent a tremor throughout the entire building, forcing Sana to stand closer to Kirishima. He was her best shot at making it out alive should the building collapse above their heads.

The heat released from the blast made her shiver.

"Sir, isn't this getting outta hand?" Kirishima tried to reason with the seasoned hero. "That Bakugou is acting real crazy. He's gonna kill him!"

All Might, with a practiced smile on his face, chose not to interfere in the fight other than to warn the angry blonde that if he used such a dangerous attack again, his team would automatically lose. I hope our newbie teacher knows what he's doing, Sana held her clasped hands to her chest anxiously. Though everyone but All Might and their teammates were unable to hear what exactly the two boys were saying, it was clear from the footage that things were getting much too heated for a simple exercise.

"You okay?" Mina whispered, placing a comforting hand on her arm.

"Just nervous," Sana quickly dismissed her concern. Mina nodded in agreement, her bubblegum curls bouncing with the movement.

"Yeah. Bakugou really isn't letting up, huh?"

Midoriya went to punch, but in one fluid motion, Bakugou launched into the air and maneuvered himself behind the smaller boy. He set off an explosion against the greenette's unprotected back, making several in the class gasp.

"What was that move?"

"He doesn't come off as a guy with a strategy, but he's actually quite intelligent." Shoto voiced from the back of the crowd, momentarily pulling their attention away from the moniter. "He changed his trajectory while in midair using a blast that doubled as a smokescreen." The dual-quirk user explained. He added in a quieter tone, as if speaking more to himself now, "Very clever."

"A feint attack like that requires an extreme amount of precision." Momo agreed. "He had to calculate the physics and demonstrate control over his Quirk."

Kaminari, of course, was put off by the positive comments. "Ugh, Bakugou is uber talented." His shoulders slumped. "I hate it."

Me too, Sana nibbled on her lower lip.

Smoke rose from Midoriya's damaged costume. Bakugou, without hesitation, slammed his heavy-looking gear into Midoriya's arm. He then grabbed hold of said arm and released smaller blasts with his free hand for momentum before tossing the green-haired boy over his shoulder like a rag doll, much like Midoriya had done to him at the start of the match.