•[Prologue: 0-0]•

<Now Loading Prologue 0....Complete!>

[Prologue 0: Her Origins]

Once there was a ruler who married a noblewoman, whose rank was well recognized across the land because she carried immense knowledge and power wherever she went. The Noble woman gave birth to a kid whose beauty captivated everyone and who appeared to be an angel in everyone's eyes. The Child was not a noblewoman because she was the daughter of a merchant... or so the child thought.

Growing up, the child was taught everything from different languages, proper mannerisms, and etiquette because she would soon be a noble like her mother, even though the mother despises the latter. She didn't want to bear a child in the first place, for she forced herself to marry a merchant so that someone would carry her bloodline. She hid her status as a noble from her husband, who was a mere merchant of the Queendom of Roses, as the man was working shifts at a local bar in the city.

 When the child turned 5, a shocking disaster happened. Her father got into a fatal accident when traveling home. This devastated the girl, as she was closer to her father than her own mother. The Noble woman, however, didn't show any emotions or was saddened by the fact that her husband died, and the child noticed this because during her father's funeral, the mother had a smirk on her face. As if she was the one who caused the death of her husband.

Years passed by, The noble woman was married to a ruler of the kingdom, namely, The Kingdom of Akurai or The Kingdom of Light. The Ruler remarried after his wife died of natural causes, as he had two sons. The sons soon became acquainted with the noblewoman's daughter and considered her as their own little sister, and so did everyone else in the kingdom. They grew fond of the latter, as she was nothing more than just a beauty and angel in their eyes. This made the noblewoman envious, as she thought everyone in the kingdom would have their eyes on her but not the other way around. So the noblewoman devised a sinister plan that would scar her own daughter's life and cost her dearly when she grew up.

The Noblewomen held her captive up on the tallest tower in the castle, and from time to time, she would do horrible things to her as she showed no mercy in the actions that clearly hurt her daughter. One punishment consisted of the noblewoman using her unique magic in which she could grow thorny rose bushes with ease as she wrapped them around her daughter, and at some point, one of these rose bushes scratched the latter's right eye. There are many more horrible things the noblewoman did to her daughter, as the latter couldn't do anything but suffer under the envious hands of her mother, who blinded her to this much. The ruler and his son couldn't do anything as they were also under the noblewoman's thumb, threatening them that she would hurt their precious little princess in front of the kingdom... The noblewoman, who was once recognized for her immense knowledge and power, was now called a monster by all..

One night, the noble woman's daughter felt like she had suffered enough as she decided to do the impossible: she needed to escape, no matter what. And this would be a difficult task as the tower she was placed on was tall and climbing down would be a life-or-death situation, so she remembered something her father once told her.

"Remember, never let the darkness get the hold of you, for there is hope in your darkness. You just need to find it. "

With that in mind, the daughter devised an escape plan for the night her mother would punish her once more... no matter how difficult it would be. She needs to get out of that tower, no matter what.

The day had come for her to escape, and she had no idea what would happen to her on the night her mother visited her tower to do horrific things to her... Night had fallen in the kingdom of Akurai, and as the noblewoman entered the room, the woman was surprised to see her daughter in her bed "sleeping." The woman slowly walks towards her bed.

"You appear to be asleep..." It's a shame I won't be able to see the light leave your eyes... Besides, I already have everything in place for me to take over the throne. They won't be able to stop me. They will never be able to control me because.. They're all under my control. And if I become queen of this land, everyone will adore me, will be on their knees begging for mercy... You're lucky that you won't have to see all of that because... You are no longer alive... to witness it all.. Consider your 'sudden' death.. A blessing..fufufu~"

The women then finally reached their daughter's "sleeping" frame. She pulled the drawer to get the letter knife and raised her arm as the moon shone brightly, revealing the woman's crimson red burgundy eyes that were blinded by jealousy as she said this before stabbing her daughter.

"Good bye... Zera Candance Hyuen."

And with that, she violently strikes down the knife onto the latter as the women laughed hysterically without realizing... she had been duped. How did she know she had been duped? She heard the door close behind her with a slam and the door locking. The woman looked at the door and ran towards it, trying to pry it open until she looked over to the bed where her daughter was 'sleeping.' She rushed towards the bed and pulled the covers off to reveal that her daughter wasn't there, but was instead a pillow shaped into a sleeping position. The woman was enraged as she pushed the pillow figure away from her bed as rose thorn bushes sprouted inside of the room and as it slowly fills the room the door.

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE PRICK! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

As soon as she heard that, she noticed rose bush vines crawling down the steps. The girl had no choice but to run for it, no matter how many times she fell or stumbled. She's only thinking about one thing right now: getting out of there.

As the rose vines began to catch up with her, she dashed down the steep stairs of the tower as quickly as she could. However, as she approached the ground floor of the tower, the rose bushes formed a large wall, causing her to pause. She then heard the sound of heels clacking from behind her... She was so close. With no choice or options left, she pushes her way through without a second thought.

"Why are you trying so hard to flee? You understand that no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to outrun these rose vines or.. even me. fufufu~ "

"..."

The latter didn't reply to what her mother said because she was stating the truth. She can never outrun her. But.. that wouldn't stop her. She continued to force her way into the rose bushes and vines and soon got herself out, scars everywhere on her body, but that didn't matter now. She needs to keep moving forward... She was getting close, yet everything went dark.

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

"....Mghm.. Huh?"

A girl with lime hair said as she grunted in pain, as she tried to stand up, but to no avail. She was trapped.... But where? It was not long until she heard a voice from the other side of where she was trapped...

<Now Loading Prologue 1...>

[Thank you for your patience and see you all in the next chapter!]