the spaghetti incident

Seonghwa sighed for the 28th time this evening. Yes, he was counting. The rest of ATEEZ were currently being loud and messing around in their living room.

Though they just came back from dance practice, it seemed like Seonghwa was the only one exhausted.  From his view in the kitchen, he occasionally monitored them as he made dinner.

Trust him, he could be in the shower right now, washing off the stress of today's rehearsals or resting in bed but here he was... taking his precious time cooking for his chaotic and totally unhelpful band mates.

Seonghwa was carefully cutting up the chicken for dinner. He flinched when heard a loud thud, followed by a shriek and a particular hyena laugh.

What the fuck are they doing now?!, he thought.

"Guys! You better quit that rough play right this instant!", he yelled from the kitchen. He heard nothing but faint snickering from the living room.

Rolling his eyes and clicking his tongue at the lack of response from them. He managed to successfully not cut his fingers off. "They don't even respect me...", he grumbled. He seasoned the chicken and put it in the air fryer.

"YUNHO YOU CHEATER!!!", He heard Wooyoung scream. "WHAT?! I DIDN'T CHEAT! I SWEAR, ALL THE CARDS ARE THERE!" "YOU LIAR! YOU'RE HIDING ONE CARD...LEMME SEARCH YOU!".

With the rest of the members laughing at the banter between Yunho and Wooyoung, the noise in the dorm only got louder.

Seonghwa groans and pinches the bridge of his nose. He could feel a headache coming. He sighed again and wondered how many pints of blood he had lost from sighing every damn minute since he walked in.

However, he continued to focus on cooking. He gently stirred the sauce for the spaghetti. After adding seasoning to the sauce, he lowered the heat a bit and shifts to the fridge to get a bottle of water.

"Seonghwa~ Is the food not done yet?", a very whiny Jongho stepped into the kitchen area. "It's Hyung to you and maybe if you guys cared enough to help me, it would've been ready ages ago". Seonghwa smiled sarcastically. He cooed silently as Jongho rubs his eyes with his sweater paws.

"But I'm tired Hyung", he yawned loudly. "So am I but you don't see me complaining, do ya?, Seonghwa retorted.

The alarm for the air fryer went off and Seonghwa took the chicken out and set it in a bowl. Mingi appeared out of nowhere and tried to snag a piece of chicken but Seonghwa was quicker and grabbed the bowl.

"Oh no you don't, Min". Mingi groaned and whined. "But Hyung, I'm starving". "I don't care but since you're here, why don't you join Jongho in grabbing the plates and setting the table. Maybe you two will get extra chicken after some hardwork". He joked.

The other two immediately got to work at the mention of extra chicken.

"Now I'm not the only one doing the work around here", Seonghwa said, shifting back to watch the sauce.

Huffing, Mingi and Jongho grabbed the plates from the rack and cutlery from the kitchen drawers.

"Don't forget the glass cups too"

"Yes Mother", the younger two said simultaneously.

Seonghwa rolled his eyes at them. He was apparently the "Mom of the group". He was just a naturally caring and affectionate person, so what? He chuckled at the thought of his band mates as kids, crawling and running around the dorm. He shook his head, "Pfft never gonna happen. That'll be a nightmare!".