Chapter 1

Hiro's POV

I saw him.
Tadashi. But that was impossible. Dashi died in the fire at SFIT. I had to be dreaming, like usual. As much as I wanted to think he was alive, he couldn't be. The explosion...

But why deep in my soul, did I actually feel like he was there?
His image was vivid, and detailed. He looked just the same as the night he died. The same olive green blazer over a black shirt and rolled up brown jeans. Even his shoes were the same—mint green, white soled sneakers. The only thing he didn't have on was his San Fransokyo Ninjas baseball cap.

Instead, myself came into focus, and I was holding the cap, with tears in my eyes, staring at Tadashi.
"D-Dashi—?" My dream self stuttered out. Tadashi smiled the smile I knew so well.

"Hey, Little Brother."

He even sounded the same.

"H-How are you here?! Dashi, you-you died! You can't be here. It's impossible!!" I insisted.

Tadashi smiled again, but shook his head.
"No, Hiro. Nothing is impossible. I'm still very much alive."

"But how?!" I demanded.

"I'm sorry, Little Bro. I can't explain right now. You're about to wake up. All you need to know is that I really am alive, I promise you. Now, I have something very important to say, so listen up. There's this person, a new friend of mine. They will be able to help you find me. I can't give away specifics, but their initials are AC. Remember that. Keep an eye out, and whatever you do, don't give up."

"Tadashi, what does any of that mean? I don't understand! Why can't you just tell me what this person's name is?"

"So you can stalk every person in San Fransokyo who has their name? No. Wait until the right moment, when they approach you. They will soon enough."

"Can you at least tell me where to meet them?"

"You'll know, I promise. Now, I really do have to go. I'm not giving up on you, Knucklehead." His body was starting to become misty, and was beginning to move away from me.

"Wait!! Don't leave!! Tadashi!!"

But he didn't stop. I tried to move, to chase after him, but I couldn't. I felt as helpless I had that night at SFIT. Just watching my brother be ripped away from me, and I couldn't do anything. I had the front row seat of disaster in front of me all over again.

(•-•) (•-•) (•-•) (•-•) (•-•) (•-•) (•-•) (•-•)

"Tadashi!!" I screamed, jumping up.
I looked around for him, but he wasn't there.
I was in our room. The panel divider was covering his side of the room. After he died, I kept it closed out of habit. It came too painful to sleep in that room seeing his empty, freshly made bed. Dashi had always been more neat, and organized than me. So, I closed it so I wouldn't be reminded that he was gone. Before I felt so sure, but now....

Hiro, he has to be gone. You were there! True you never found his body but that doesn't mean anything! It probably got cremated because of the flames. Yeah. That has to be it.

But why did I still feel so unsure...?

Maybe a glass of water would help clear my mind.

I pulled the covers off of me, and got out of bed. I began walking toward the stairs, but my foot collided with something hard.

"OW!" I cursed. Wait...crap. Baymax.

Right on cue, the robotic nurse my brother built inflated to its 6'2 inch tall glory.