chapter 5 (aka '03 bonnie and clyde)

word count: 2388 words tw: physical & sexual violence

After the not so peaceful confrontation the night of the carnival, while Eleanor was crying her eyes out in bed, Jules was meeting with Tyler

And guess who the fuck Tyler was? Nate fucking Jacobs. Because he always has so be apart of whatever shitty thing is going on in our little, fucked up lives.

Speaking of, Monday morning at school marked the third day that Eleanor had gone without eating.

She had starved herself the entire weekend, but she was so fucking miserable that she wasn't even hungry. So yeah, this whole weekend was a shit show. But what day in sunny fucking East Highland isn't?

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Eleanor's head hurt. The air conditioning in her science classroom was way too low, and her pink turtleneck that was layered under a bulky hoodie was burning her alive.

Deciding that the chemistry lecture could wait, she put her head down on the cracked wood of her desk.

As she began drifting off, she thought back to the long morning she had, covering the hand shaped bruise on her neck with roughly seven layers of concealer and foundation.

Eleanor didnt feel right, and when she attempted to lift her head up, she found herself rooted to the desk, like she had grown roots. With a final shot of panic, she passed out for the second time that school year.

✧✧✧

"Eleanor, you have to tell us who did this to you," her principal was lecturing, as Eleanor sipped on her Gatorade. "Did what?" she asked innocently. The man in front of her sighed, shaking his head. "

The paramedics saw the bruises, Eleanor. Now, you need to tell me who did it," he frowned, and Eleanor froze up.

When she had woken up on the stretcher, she blamed her passing out on the heat of the building, but no one had mentioned the bruises.

"Principal Hayes, I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what you're talking about," Eleanor said, attempting to deflect the situation. He sighed again, clasping his hands together.

"We need to know, Eleanor. Was it someone you know?" He asked. She froze again, but tried to play it off. As she started to talk again, hands shaking, Principal Hayes cut her off. "Was it Nate Jacobs?"

✧✧✧

Eleanor sat with her mother, who's face was still displayed her obvious disbelief. "So, he choked Eleanor? Are you positive?" she asked the principal, who nodded along with the police officers standing by Eleanor.