chapter 6 (in between ep. 5 and 6)

word count: 2714words

That night, when Nate had ended things for good, Eleanor had woken up two hours after he left

That night, when Nate had ended things for good, Eleanor had woken up two hours after he left. She was completely fucked, and the worst part?

Her pristine dress was dotted with spots of blood after she touched her throbbing head. When she came to, Eleanor cried harder than she had ever cried.

And then she cried some more. She cried herself out, actually, until all that came out were dry sobs. Her next move? Figure out what the fuck to do.

Eleanor stood in front of the bathroom mirror in the dimly lit motel room, and tried not to puke. A creature with messy hair and puffy eyes stared back.

Her perfect makeup was almost completely gone, cried off to the point where all that remained were a few mascara streaks.

Her face was bruised, and Eleanor could already tell it would just get worse. The bite mark on her collarbone was angry and red, and she recoiled when she saw just how deep he had gone.

And when she reached behind her head, she winced when she touched the spot that Nate had slammed against the wall.

On her fingers there were spots of blood, and Eleanor's gag reflex acted up. She ran towards the toilet, just barely making it before she threw up nothing but the Gatorade she had drunk that day, and bile.

Wiping her mouth, she stood up on unsteady feet and walked back to the mirror. She braided her hair, wincing when she pulled a little too hard on the long strands. Her entire body hurt, and she looked like shit.

It was a great night.

She wiped the remaining mascara off of her face with a damp sheet of toilet paper, and turned away from the mirror before she could dissect her horrible appearance any more. But without that distraction, she was wondering where she could go.

Not home, because Ethan would be awake and come into her room when he heard her sneak back in. Plus, it made her arms hurt even more just thinking about climbing back up to her window.

So she called Rue. Once, twice, three times. But there was no response. Eleanor didn't know what to do- she didn't have Maddy or Cassie's numbers, and her Instagram was barely functioning with the shitty motel service.

In a last ditch attempt, she scrolled through the numbers she had saved on her phone. Rue, her stepfather, her mom, Ethan, Nate, and finally... Fezco. She was desperate, so she worked up all the nerve she had left and pushed call.