𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 21, 1966

Alexandria had dreamed of her wedding day since the day she watched Audrey Hepburn get married in 1954. She adored the flared and tea-length dress that Audrey had walked down the aisle in. She dreamed of someday doing the same, maybe even in a dress similar. Never at the time had she considered who she would be marrying. She just figured she hadn't met him yet.

If you could have told eleven-year-old Alexandria Brown that she would walk down the aisle to meet George, dressed in his sharpest suit, on the altar, she'd never have believed you.

They were already running a few minutes behind schedule because Kathleen had poked and prodded at Alexandria about a thousand times before she decided that her sister's appearance was satisfying, and Alexandria's veins were wracked with nervous jittering. The longer she looked in the mirror, the more she worried that George wouldn't like the dress that she had chosen, the one that Kathleen said fit her so well. The dress wasn't the traditional white, but instead it was a Mary Quant dress that was somewhere between red and pink, and that felt just below her knees. She wore a pair of creamy stockings and a pair of red shoes on her feet. The weather was harsh and cold for January, so she had paired the ensemble with a red fox-fur coat given to her by George.

Waiting on the altar, George grew worried as the minutes passed as well, wondering if maybe his bride-to-be had thought better of her decision to marry him and had run off in fear. A few times, he turned and voiced his concerns to his best man, Paul, and Paul kept reminding him that that was the most preposterous thing he had ever heard.

Finally, Alexandria emerged and all heads turned. The register office wasn't the most flattering place for a wedding-Alexandria would much rather have had it in a church-but Brian Epstein had insisted that this was the best way to keep it hidden from the press. The dozens of photographers and reporters waiting for them outside said otherwise, though.

Jack was the one that Alexandria had decided would give her away. The two had been close ever since he'd moved in to help Kathleen with Wesley so many years ago, and she thought it was best. She thanked him for taking such good care of her and treating her like a sister for so long.

After that, the ceremony was quick, but not too quick. Alexandria and George exchanged vows, long and well thought out vows that left moisture in every eye in the room, and then they shared their first kiss as a married couple. In just a few seconds, they went from fiancé and fiancé, to husband and wife, and pulling away from their kiss, they could both eel the difference in the air that it made. They felt much more grown up now, much more mature.

On the way out to their car a few they were caught by a few reporters wanting to know about their plans for the future and their honeymoon.

"Where are you off to to celebrate your marriage?" one guy asked.

"We're not tellin' you that," George responded. "We'll never get any privacy if we do."

"Well, are there any plans for when you get there?"

Alexandria grinned. "Not tellin' you that either," she answered. "Especially not with that hefty camera behind you." Alexandria pointed to the camera in question. It was indeed hefty, and a buff-looking guy had it propped up on his shoulder, trying to get a good look at the newly-married couple.

"How about the future?" the reporter persisted. "Have you any plans for children someday?"

George leaned in close to the microphone. "Yes, sir, we do," he said. "We plan to have thirty-nine by this time next year." He smiled and Alexandria pinched him in the side.

"He's kidding," she responded. "At least, I hope."

"Well, could you give us a serious answer, then, Mrs. Harrison."

Alexandria thought back to her doctor's visits in April and May, the heavy discussions of infertility, and she tried not to let her sudden nervousness show. "I dunno, I suppose three is a good amount," she said.

George faked a gasp. "Three?" he asked. "That's far too many!"

The reporter laughed along with the couple. "Well, congratulations to you both," he said finally.

"Thank you," Alexandria and George responded in perfect unison.

With that, they climbed into the Rolls Royce that was waiting to take them back to Kinfauns, where there would be a reception for all of the people who had come to the wedding. Paul got a little bit plastered by the time the night was through and announced that he was proud of Alexandria and George. George worried for a moment about what Paul would say. Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of best man speech? Paul hand's any speech prepared if there was. He was speaking straight from the heart as he gave a humorous recollection of he and George's life, then one of he and Alexandria's life. Neither were dirty, or really even that embarrassing. No, they were just endearing. It was clear to everyone in the room that Paul was very fond of Alexandria and George. George was like his little brother, and Alexandria was like his little sister these days. He just wanted the best for them.

Everyone stayed late into the night, and whenever they left, Alexandria and George concluded their wedding day by sharing a glass of their favorite wine, toasting to themselves and their future. Alexandria relaxed in his arms in bed that night until they fell asleep. She was in a state of bliss. She was excited to spend her life with George, no matter what sort of turmoil life tried to throw at them. She knew that they could take it. That was what was so good about being them.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.