𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭

"WHY ARENT YOU BEING FASTER?!" Kageyama was on edge, even though they were against small fry, not even a proper team.
"You won't be able to hit my sets if you're that slow!" kageyama snapped. "Yeah I get it ...whatever" this was around the 3rd time kunimi wasn't able to reach kageyamas toss, and it was only adding to his anger meter. "Make sure to hit it this time, yeah?" He held a hostile glare, it almost seemed like a threat.

The other team managed to get the ball up and over net, and it was now kitagawa daiichi's play. Keigo recieved the ball perfectly and got the ball back up in the air, kageyama called his and prepared to set the ball, he set it over and there was silence. The ball hit the ground. No one was there. It was a stand, a declaration, they were simply tired of him.

"Why don't you take a break kageyama?" the coach hummed, his vision was getting blurry but he held back, "but- I -" but he was cut off before he could even finish his sentence "Just... take a break" coach sighed.
So he sat out for the rest of the game.

☾︎

"Why don't we take a break for a little while hmm?" Miwa continued "plus mum and dad are asking when we're coming over for a visit, we can come back when you're about to join highschool, I know sounds hard but I think you should take a break from volleyball it'll do you some good."
Kageyama had returned back home from the game, and had also told Miwa about the previous events that occurred earlier. "..yeah I bet dad's of tired of waiting on my singing career".
Yes, kageyama was a singer however he kept his identity a secret from the public, so that he could continue his volleyball career he didnt prioritise singing that much, but it still brought him a sense of joy, so his father decided to use this to his advantage, since he was the CEO of a genuinely popular music producing company.

He thought for a few seconds "Yeah let's go.."
"We'll be back before you know it" Miwa smiled.

☾︎

"Eventhough you're going back, I still expect you to release a new song every month!"
"Every month?!" Kageyama exclaimed
"You can't just disappear like you did last time Tobio that was a big loss!" Mr. Kageyama argued, "Take it easy honey, your stressing him out" his wife serenely said attempting to ease the situation "Okay, okay every 2 months?" His dad slyly tried, "fine, fine I got it dad" kageyama gave up it was honestly the best he was gonna get.

During his and miwa's visit, their dad was able to bring kageyama's, or should I say "TK's", singing career back to an all time high, it was at the highest it had ever been now with a great amount of new followers, songs and ratings. He was more popular than ever, still ofcourse unidentified.
✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎

"..bio!" "Tobio!" Miwa shook kageyama up "we'll be landing soon!" she was grinning ear to ear, it was clear she was glad to be back.
"It's feels good to be back.." Kageyama sighed contempt feeling welcomed by the miyagi sky.

✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎

It was good being back home, but it all felt so strange he had be gone for at least 2 years, it wasn't like he was going get used to it straight away again.

His room was still the way he left it, covered in volleyball merch from head to toe, it brought some distasteful memories from the last time he played volleyball but he shook it off, he was going start a new, a fresh, a blank page and this time he wasn't going to mess it up. It was school the next morning so Miwa was making kageyama go to bed early, maybe a bit too early. Kageyama lay in bed the nerves getting to him, but some of it was also excitement, he was excited to see his new school, the new volleyball team. Soon enough he drifted of to sleep.

☾︎

The buzzing of kageyama's alarm clock continued until he heard a shout outside his room " TOBIO TURN OFF YOUR DAMN ALARM AND GET UP", he groaned despite having enough hours of sleep he still felt groggy and dead, it was probably the jet lag.

He went through his entire morning routine slowly getting more energy as he got ready for his first day. The lazing around earlier had wasted a bit of time so he was in a rush, he wanted to try make it to karasuno's morning practice "Miwa! I'm off!" Tobio shouted getting his shoes on, "eat something before you go!"
He groaned but complied anyway and grabbed a slice of bread, not toast, just bread, and left on his way to school.
(Yes classic late anime girl >:])

☾︎

Yes he got lost a bit, but he eventually found his way to the schools gym, slammed the doors open just to find everyone else inside, all eyes were now on him. "...um.. hi. I'm kageyama tobio.."

☾︎

WYEGSJAKM ackk yes this is a new series, and I'm back again! I know some of yall were waiting on the other series (The real me?) but I need to figure out what the hell the plot was cuz it's a mess, so instead I made a new story I hope you guys enjoy this, it was actually pretty fun to write.

Fun fact: this was originally supposed to be a part of a tsukikage one-shot series i was planning but I became too invested in the story and now it has its own series (•̀ᴗ•́)و

I hope to see the end of this story with you all!!

-SugaarSenpai ♡'・ᴗ・'♡

Word count: 981