↠ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 31, 1968

New beginnings hung in the air, making the population buzz in excitement. Today was the very last day of 1968. 1969 was about to become a reality, and George Harrison was beyond excited about it. The idea of a New Year always thrilled him and filled him with newfound confidence. He always created wild resolutions for the year, and they usually didn't pan out. He felt good about them on January first, though, and that's really what counted, right?

He started off his New Year's Eve by making coffee for himself and his wife in the kitchen. Soft music played on his transistor radio and he whistled along with it, scrubbing a few dishes from last night's dinner.

He had magnificent plans for today. He and Alexandria had planned to clean the house, something that they made a day of once a month. They'd clean and organize everything from top to bottom, and all the while, they'd sing songs, remind each other of memories, and just talk in general. George looked forward to this cleaning day every single month, and he had, ever since he'd married her back in January of 1966.

George was so absorbed in the music drifting through the air and the dishes he was cleaning that he didn't even notice his wife enter the kitchen, her arms wrapped around her stomach.

Alexandria felt a bit lethargic this morning. She'd woken up with an aching in her back, she'd woken up feeling impossibly tired, and it was all a bit strange considering her period was a week or so out.

Alexandria paused in the doorway, listening as George began to sing with the radio. She leaned her head against the doorway, smiling to herself. She loved to hear him sing more than anything in the world. It could always make her feel better, no matter how awful she felt. She listened until her stomach contracted in hunger, and then she went up beside him and plucked a banana from their fruit bowl.

George jumped in surprise when she appeared beside him and set his eyes on her. His cheeks turned red. "Could have warned me that you'd arrived," he said. "Woulda been nice to know before you so rudely interrupted my karaoke session."

Alexandria shrugged, peeling the banana in her hand and taking a bite. "Thought it would be funnier to surprise you."

"And was it?"

She grinned. "Yes, it was."

"Brilliant. I'm so very glad that you have no regrets."

Alexandria smelled coffee in the air and wandered over to the stove. George finished washing the last plate in the sink and dried his hands, going to join her. "It should be about done now," he said, placing his arms around her from behind and leaning down to give her a kiss on the cheek. Alexandria's cheeks turned pink. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good," she replied. "Feelin' a bit ropey, though."

"How so?" George asked, moving beside her and turning her toward him. He looked her over in concern.