𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Hot, steamy breaths tickled the back of your neck as Monty toted you across the facility. The only thing keeping you balanced in his arms was the hand he kept firmly planted on your upper thigh. Your arms clung desperately to his chest, scrambling for purchase every time you felt like he was about to drop you. 

He was taking you to Monty Golf. You had no idea how you knew, but you just did. It made sense with the little territorial act he was putting up – growling at passing security bots and knocking over the poor little wet floor signs as he barrelled through the atrium. Of course, he would take you to the one place everyone else was afraid to step foot in.

Monty slammed his fist against the keypad beside the door and it slid open automatically. Once inside, he set you down with more ease than you would have imagined, making sure you were steady on your feet before turning back around and slamming the door shut so forcefully that it welded itself to the doorframe. There was no way in hell you were ever getting that open again.

Gator Golf was a massive jungle of shallow ponds and long, low-hanging vines. You could hear Welcome To The Jungle by Guns N' Roses playing quietly through the speakers hidden throughout the rafters. The air was humming with pre-recorded bug sounds and warped gator grumbling.

There was a clear path laid out in front of you, carved out of the uneven artificial grass and littered with golf balls. It wasn't an escape, but it was something. Like he could sense the cogs spinning behind your eyes, Monty let out a warning chuff. "Don't you dare–"

But you were already gone.

You couldn't even dare yourself to look back as you ran barefoot through the mini-golf course, jumping over holes and dodging the tall colorful flags that marked them. At one point you swore you could feel one of his claws swiping across your spine, but before you could make certain of this, you turned the corner and pressed your back flat against the rubbery wall.

You had run all the way to the other end of the course, finding temporary shelter in the towering alligator head that served as a doorway into the second half of the attraction. Your breaths came hot and heavy and you gulped, eyes squinted shut as you waited for something – anything – to happen. But where Monty excelled in strength, he obviously lacked in speed.

Silently, you patted yourself on the back for abandoning your roller skates at the lost and found. You doubt you would have made it five feet from the door if you'd still been wearing them.

"Can't hide forever, bunny!" you heard Monty call from around the corner. His voice was loud and commanding, but obviously desperate. He really went through all that trouble of catching you just to lose you again on his own turf. Kinda embarrassing.

Your breath hitched as he waltzed past the entrance of the gator head, but he clearly didn't see you curled up in the shadows of the yellowed plastic teeth. You tried to back up further and gasped as your heel brushed against something cold. Looking down, you spotted an abandoned golf club on the ground and quickly snatched it up to wield in front of your face.

A few paces ahead, Monty was sniffing the air, head thrashing back and forth in search of his prey. You bit down on your tongue to keep from crying out in fear, raising the golf club high above your head before bringing it down over his spiny back.

In retrospect, you really didn't know what you were expecting. Maybe you wanted to stun him, to knock him unconscious while you searched for another way out. Or maybe you were just stupid and impulsive and scared shitless.

Either way, the bat did nothing besides snap in half like a twig.

Monty tensed up immediately. You could only stare down at your broken weapon in disbelief as he spun around, jagged teeth turning upward in a wicked smile as his eyes locked on you.

"Found you."

Shit.

As you waited for your brain to choose between fight or flight, you hurled the broken club in his direction, waiting for it to bounce off of his long snout before finally taking off down the golf course once more. Only this time you knew he was gaining on you every step of the way.

As hard as you tried, you couldn't block out Monty's growled threat of punishment if or when he ever caught up to you. You nearly tripped twice over a hidden ledge before you finally spotted it – the utility ladder in the corner.

It was hidden for a reason. Too many toddlers with too little supervision can get into way too much trouble if left unattended for too long. But the plastic vines and convincing green paint can only fool the untrained eye. And your eye was very, very, well trained.

Without regarding the gator on your tail, you sprang onto the ladder and began climbing faster than you've ever climbed anything before. Panic was coursing through your veins and it felt like every nightmare you've ever had about being chased up the basement stairs or falling out of thin air were all coming true at the exact same time.

The ladder spit you back out on top of the catwalk – a grated metal platform that twisted and turned into several little pathways suspended high above the golf course. You swore you could remember a door from the last time you were up there luring Monty down to entertain some kid's 5th birthday, but your blood ran cold as you slowed to a stop in front of an empty brick wall.

The platform rocked as Monty hauled himself up onto the catwalk behind you. The thin metal sheet groaned under the weight of both a massive animatronic and a living human person when it wasn't really designed to support either.

No door. No escape. No way out.

(A/N: Hey ok so I have the smut written and ready to publish but I needed to get this part out of the way or else it would have been like 6,000 words. I'm really embarrassed about my first smut but its something that I want to start doing so this is a necessary step!! It will be published sometime tomorrow!! SECOND A/N: Editing this on the path of erasing my monty smut from existence. I will breed a new generation of readers who never knew of it. Thanks for reading byeeee).