IN THE NAME OF WAR

Good evening, gentlementhanks for joining me. Its me Carl, welcomes you to my talk show words with warriors Carl shouted on the radio in his signature style. Carl continued, we see the clear sky in the mornings because of them who fought in the dark morning for this country, they lost a lot in the battlefield but fought for us till the last breath and gave us the air we breathe, today I welcome one of those warrior, captain Sally Pullman – of the 10th battalion to the eighty first episode. Welcome Mr. Pullman. Thank you Sally replied.

So, Mr. Pullman, how shall we start this interview? With your war adventures or as the author of bestselling novel of the year it lasted for an hour Carl questioned sally in the mike. Sally adjusted himself to the mike, laughing softly ha...ha yeah bestselling sound quiet nice, however they both talk the same, my adventures and my novel, so I am fine with whatever it is. Then we start with the most posted question to our channel, what made you to tell your story, which most veterans dont do? Carl asked.

there will be certain incidents in your life ,which make memories, the memories stays with you till you live and dies with you but if you give them a form to live, then the memories will live as long as the art lives and goes on to be a part of life. And I have one such incident replied sally. You can expect my next question, what is the incident? questioned Carl. You need to buy the book to know it, if I say it decreases the sales and publisher sues me laughingly replied sally. May be you can tell few lines to let people buy, a promotion by the way. Carl told.

This started when I was in the deserts; I was promoted to captain, few barracks under my command. We were tasked to monitor and secure the trade routes. There are few shootouts now and then with the locals. Two years passed, we were there, no in and out. Sucked with our lives. Our routine started with morning drill and then breakfast, guarding our positions, changing the shifts, playing games in between, dinner in the nights. It was the time when the film media was a great way of communicating things. So when government planed on making documentaries it permitted few journalists to conduct interviews on few military bases and ours was one of it. It was Sunday, we were informed to clear the things and make arrangements for there arrival. It was a group of five people, Mr. Nile- the interviewer, Mrs. Anna- assistant interviewer, Mr. Mole- camera operator, Mr. Knight and Mr. Jack. They arrived the base at five and the interview started at six in the morning. As the interview went on the sun raised to the heads, the heat was unbearable. Mr. Nile has a personal interview with me, but could not carry on with the heat and asked Anna to carry on.

Anna- a twenty-two year woman looking like a diva, as there was no woman in the compound since our arrival. The interview started with some professional question and then to personal. It went for an hour; the one hour with her was like finally finding my soul. I was attracted to her. Even she responded with a sign of approval. Finally, after two years I felt like I was reborn. I pulled her to me, I am about to propose her, there was a smoke signal from a distance warning the attack. We were about to attack,but they had the upper hand and started firing at us, we spread here and there, the bullets were raining like hell, we hid near the walls waiting for the time to react. I and Anna were behind the truck, I said to myself that I may not get a chance to tell her what I feel for her,I hold her hands, she was tensed. I can sense fear in her eyes, her heart is beating fast, and even in the noise of riffles, I can hear it. I looked into her eyes and told I .. there was a shot from sniper that hit Anna in between her eyes, the blood flashed on my face, I can see her eyes looking at me helplessly, her hands grip was losing, I stood there looking at her falling on the ground. I could not react. My senses were lost, my face was dipped with her blood, I felt senseless, I took my gun started shooting at the targets I cant see. I loaded my gun again and again; the bullets were left loose from my gun I lost the count. I dont know how many I killed in the name of warsally ended.

The program was interrupted with the power cut and the rest of the interview was postponed to the next part.

By

-ksvk