chapter 7 (aka the next episode)

word count: 3184 words

Halloween night- also known as "yet another shitty night in East Highland™" Party, lots of shitfaced teens, and Nate Jacobs

Halloween night- also known as "yet another shitty night in East Highland™" Party, lots of shitfaced teens, and Nate Jacobs. A recipe for disaster.

The past school week, Nate had blackmailed everyone's favorite douche, Tyler, into taking the fall for Eleanor's choking.

Eleanor had agreed with the story- mostly out of fear from their super friendly motel room fiasco. But I had no fucking idea that he had also forced Jules into confirming the story. Thanks, Nate!

After all of the Nate shit, Eleanor just wanted a fucking break. But when Nate showed up at that party? Let's just say she spiraled, just like my beloved Jules. Obviously, the night was fucking fantastic.

"I'm thinking, since you gave me so little time, we could do... sexy Barbie ?" Maddy threw a neon pink dress at Eleanor, who caught it while laughing.

"I don't know about sexy," she giggled, holding the dress up to her body. "Shut the fuck up, sexy," Maddy said, still rummaging through her closet.

She pulled out a white sun hat, completing the infamous Taxi Driver costume she had laid out on her pink bed.

"You as Iris, on the other hand..." Eleanor's words trailed off, and Maddy laughed. "Yeah, obviously. But you literally look amazing in everything," Maddy insisted.

"We have so much shit to do, and only like an hour do to it. Hurry up," she said, tossing a pair of lacy gloves and a leather jacket at her, finishing off the costume that Eleanor held.

"You're the one who wouldn't let me just be a vampire," Eleanor complained, picking up the long black dress from the floor. "Yeah, because I know you're better than that," Maddy teased, before disappearing deeper into her closet.

"I still have them! she declared proudly and pulled out a few pink ribbons. She handed it to Eleanor, who groaned. Maddy rolled her eyes. "Did you really think I was gonna let you leave without some sort of hair?" Maddy asked.

Eleanor giggled, sitting down on her new friends' bed while Maddy fixed her hair, pulling it up into a high ponytail and securing that with the ribbons she had pulled from the closet.

When Eleanor had shown up with her face already done, Maddy couldn't help but notice the heavy foundation coating her face. But she didn't ask, rightfully assuming it had something to do with Nate.

"Andddd... done!" Maddy exclaimed, pulling Eleanor over to her vanity. Eleanor looked at herself, smiling.

Her blond hair was teased slightly, and the whole costume Maddy had given her looked surprisingly Eleanor- not too showy but still cute.