Play it

My eyes were heavy. My head leaned on the cold wall as I tried to keep awake, Prince had us in the studio for 6 hours now. Since summer time is up and fall is coming he wanted to begin to work on his album, titled 'Sign O' the Times'. I have no idea where he got the name from but I liked it "Okay let's try it on a lower minor" the producer shouted.

Cat stood off in the corner, she was still trying to figure out what she was gonna do about the baby situation. This week was Andy and Tina's last week staying here, Andy was back to college and Tina back to her life, god was I gonna miss them truly.

We didn't get to spend much time together but this week was planned for all of us. Once I was done working of course, Prince says there's a few more photo shoots tomorrow. I hope they go well "Hey" Levi took a break from the booth he was working in. Sitting down beside me "So I was speaking to some doctors about Cat and since we aren't fully decided they wanna just check on her and see if the baby is okay. If she decides to keep it though she will be out and we'll need to find replacements." Cat told Levi over dinner last week.

It was just me, Levi, Cat and Andy. We figured we keep it to our selves before making our decisions and telling Prince.

"I feel bad, this isn't the life she always dreamed about was it?" Levi shook is head as we examined the tired looking Cat. She was now 14 weeks, when she found out she was 2 months pregnant. These months sure do pass by pretty quickly "Okay get back in the booth please" Prince ordered Levi. Waving him off I went to get a drink outside, my throat had become parched.

The water fountain was just near the studio space we used. The company had studios for each artist, our happened to be the first one "No no we can't bring another one, we are booked today Shelly. Okay well then find me one quickly or I'll have to kick Prince" quickly hiding behind a wall. Overhearing Den's conversation, was he planning on kicking our group off the list?

Mr. Den was planning on throwing a bash for all the artist who happened to work for this company. Some may perform and our group happened to be one of those some, if we do well other higher ups from the industry will like to work with us, that way we expand in the business and get more attention before Prince drops the album.

Den hurried by and thank god he didn't see me. I rushed back into the studio we're Prince seemed to finish the touch ups he wanted to do, the song was almost finished. He sat on the couch speaking it's Shelia and some others before I grabbed his attention, "Can I talk to you" I sat my water on the coffee table and pulled Prince by his arm.

"Kinky" he joked. "Not now Prince, I was grabbing a drink and overheard Den speaking about possibly kicking our group off the list for this falls bash." His face went white, his eyebrows furrowed "What? When?." He hurried for an answer.

"Just right now" he placed his hands on his hips as he paced back and forth. He looked angry more than anxious, he was loyal to this company and now they have him on the cliff. "What are we gonna do?" I questioned. He shrugged "Finish this song and put it out, I don't care if I don't have his permission, he'll see how well the song will be doing and beg our asses to stay."

While he paced angry in the hall I couldn't help but think about what could happen if they're band gets dropped. I know how long they've been working to get to this place, before and after they knew me, if they get dropped they'll be back to square one and all their hard work will be thrown out the window. "Let's go" he finished his processing than entered the studio again.

Dragging me along "Alright if y'all could give me all your attention" the room stood silent waiting for him to speak. I scooted pass him and sat on the couch near Levi and Shelia "I was informed by our beloved Gia that Den is planning on dropping our asses. We gotta finish this song and start on our album" everyone's faces stood stuck.

And why did he choose to use my real name in front of everyone? "Gia?" Miko raised an eyebrow. "Yeah about that I was gonna also speak to everyone about my real name. Of course it isn't Venus it's Giana, but please don't be a douche and tease me" I looked to Prince who was drinking the water I was drinking.

"Hey that's mine" he finished it. He was annoying "Venus is a cool name, would've been dope if that was your real title" Levi added as if he didn't already know about my name or anything else.

Cat looked pale. Her eyes were glossy as she slumped in a corner "You okay C?" I questioned walking over to her, she covered her body with a sweater. She sweating bullets and had a shiver "No stop" I tried to pull the cloth off of her but she insisted I stop. But, it was too late.

A pile of blood sat on the chair she was in. "Oh my god Cat what happened" Prince ran over to her. Quickly shoving me out the way, he worried sick. Made sense, they were like siblings. "Shit are you okay Cat? Did you get your period" my throat filled with air. Nearly choking, as shocked as I was, I still remembered she's pregnant.

Levi and I looked at each other quickly before he dialed 911. A possible miscarriage, her face fell flat into Prince's arms. Prince tried to wake her but she was out, she had fainted do to all the blood she lost.

"Hurry call an ambulance" Shelia and the rest escorted everyone out. I being one of them as Levi and Prince stood inside the room with her, that had been the first time I wasn't involved and it kinda hurt but it was probably for the best I give them air. My heart shattered seeing her like that, I couldn't been there anymore, walking away from everyone and out of building for some fresh air.

Bursting into tears as I nearly fainted myself.