chapter 1

Geraldine pov;

"Hey, it wouldn't hurt helping me with this luggage, would it" Leah asked raising an eyebrow toward Jason.

"Yes it would, brother" Jason replied and rolled his eye.

"I won't tell you again, Jason" Leah sounded.

"Fine" Jason whined and went over.

I would have never thought moving to a whole new country would be the hardest. Is it the fact that I feel like I don't belong here or???

Walking slowly to the house I will be calling home from now onward, each step I take makes my heart beat fast every millisecond.

I finally made it to the entrance, the door widely open for me to get a peak of the foyer. As I walk into the home I said to myself......

'what the worst that can happen'.

I walked with full confident into the sitting room touching all equipment -more like am feeling them-. The couch gives out that comfy vibes, moving toward the kitchen, I analyse all that I could.

††††††††

After giving myself a tour of the ground floor, I decided to proceed upstairs to know my room.

"There you are, I was about to come fetch you dear" Alfredo said.

Alfredo -unfortunately- is my stepfather. He's not a bad person but he is not on my good side either.

He's 6'2 tall, has a broad chest, a square jaw and some feature I don't care to check out on.

"This way to your room" He sounded and proceeded toward the left wing of the house.

After passing two rooms he finally stop at the front of a door that I guess is my room door.

"Why don't you be the first to enter and check it out" he stepped aside after he sounded.

Walking into the room, it felt like my type of room, black and grey paint, big bed - mind you, I occupy alot of space when sleeping - with an ash colour bedsheet. Reaching the bed side I felt the duvet, it was soft, just how I like it.

Turning to leave the room to fetch my luggages, I notice a room with a stool hanging out of it. I walk over to the room and a big smile played on my face.

'it a f**king library'.

I love the-my-room already. Turn to leave...

"Do you love it" Alfredo asked.

I nod and he sighed in satisfaction.

"These are your luggages" he said and handed them to me

"Good to know you do love the room, let me leave you so you can unpack. Your mom will call you when dinner is ready"

I nodded again.

††††††††

"Dinner is ready kids" mom yelled from down the stairs.

Afterall, am done with unpacking my things.

I strolled down the stairs and saw my mum and Alfredo settled down on the dinning chairs, conversing.

My mum was the first to acknowledge my presence.

"Did you love your room, mama?" My mum asked using the nickname she gave me.

Before I could reply, Alfredo did.

"She did" Alfredo said.

I nod my head and walked to the opposite end of the dining table.

"Stop dragging my ear, Leah" Jordan said.

"If you say it in a more requesting tone, am 100 percent sure I will stop it." Leah said tiring.

"Dear brother, will you please stop expanding my ear" Jordan sounded.

Mum looked at Leah and gave him the typical glare that tells everyone and I think he understood as a warning to stop that act.

Leah sigh and left his ear alone, walking over to the dinning table, he sat down near Alfredo and opposite my mum.

Jordan joined us and settle down near mom.

"Mama come closer, you are far from my reach" my mom sounded.

I sat down for a minute or two then I stood and walk to the seat near Leah and sat down.

Without wasting more time than we have, mum start to dish out the food.

††††††††

"Thanks for the dinner, ma'am" I said to my mum and stroll upstairs.

"You're welcome, mama". I heard faintly as I walked to my room and open it and enter.

Okay, so you all must be wondering if mama is my name. Well to tell you guy this, my name is not mama.

Let do it like this...........

My name is Geraldine jean, am 17yrs old going to 18, on the 8th of next month(may). Am your typical Nigerian lady. I have a brown skin, shoulder length hair which is deep black in colour -i didn't dye it-, am 5'6 in height.

Ohh....... I forgot. Jason jean is my twin brother, Leah jean is our elderly brother using a 2yrs gap to senior us.

One more awkward thing, I have a yellow eye. I remember when I was still in my own country, they all thought I wore contact lens and I get beaten for it until I got a black contact lens and start wearing it.

I got that eye colour from my dad, Mr Alexander jean, well I don't know anything about him except from his name that I was told about.

Looking at the ceiling, I know life here will be different because......

.. I don't really know.,

...But I can feel it..... If that make sense.

New chapter of my life, only God knows what next!.

Hello guys, thanks for checking out my book. This is my first book to be published, it maybe cringy- trust me i know- but it gets better.
Please excuse my grammar, if you must know, this is how we Nigerians do speak.

Please vote, comment and share if you love it.

I would love to know all of your opinions