Unplanned Visitor

Authors note: This is the first fanfiction I've written in a loooong time so, let me know what you think!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.Plant did not like visitors showing up unannounced. He did not like visitors period. They were often annoying and troublesome. He silently pondered this fact as a knock on his door interrupted his scheduled Television time. 'This will not do.' He thought angrily, imagining all the horrid, gory things he would do to his rude impromptu guest. That is...until he saw exactly who it was on the other side of his door.

A familiar man with many eyes stood before him. Argos was standing, just outside his void, trembling, obviously very upset. He had been crying. No trace of the usual endearing...no...annoying smile the smaller man usually wore. Argos' fingers were tinged a bright red, hugging himself tightly as if trying to hold himself together. Mr.plant tilted his head slightly in question, opening his door wider for the smaller man to enter.

Argos continued to stand there for a moment thinking suddenly that this was a bad idea. He had come to Mr.plant's void because he couldn't think of anywhere else to go. He must have been standing in the doorway for too long as suddenly, Mr.Plant was pulling him inside. He led him to the couch and gently pushed his shoulders down to make him sit. Argos complied without struggle.

Mr.plant had no idea what to make of the strange mood Argos was in. He wrung his hands together nervously as he stood in front of the man, observing his condition. Argos had never been silent for this long, he was always the one to make conversation. Mr.plant had no experience comforting someone, but he had seen it on the telly a few times, so he supposed he could try it.

He sat down next to the smaller man and guided his head to his shoulder to lean against him. He petted his hair gently. This caused a whole new brigade of tears to begin streaming down the man's face. "Oh, Mr.plant!" He sobbed, leaning into the embrace. He continued the petting not knowing what else to do.

"I-I've done something horrible! I'm a M-monster!" Argos cried, hiding his face in Mr.plant's shoulder. Mr.plant gently grabbed Argos' chin to make him look up at him. Athough no words, were exchanged, Argos knew that he wanted him to tell him what had happened. "I...I was just curious what was inside the present. I d-didn't mean to hurt him" he whimpered, not meeting Mr.plant's eyes.

The larger man nodded, understanding.  Argos was not a killer. Argos was a curious kid still learning about the void. The larger man stood suddenly, turning the Television on and patting the other man's head gently before silently going out into the void. Argos still felt guilty, but he felt much better knowing Mr.Plant was going to help him take care of things.

When Mr.plant returned, Argos was laying on the couch sleeping, curled up into a ball. Mr.plant tilted his head slightly, taking in the sight. He couldn't help but think the other man looked cute. He crouched next to the sleeping man, petting his head again. Argos' eyes opened sleepily, roused by the touch. He was surprised to see Mr.plant's face so close to his own. His face reddened and he squeaked a little in surprise.

Mr.plant rose quickly from crouching. He hadn't meant for Argos to wake up. Nervously, he wrung his hands together. Argos stood quickly, wrapping his arms around the much taller man in a tight hug. "Thank you" he mumbled into Mr.plant's chest. He let go of the other man after awhile, his shy smile returning. "S-so...what now?" He asked aloud. Mr.plant shrugged sitting down on the couch once more patting the spot next to him as he flipped on the Telly. Argos sat, awkwardly. He wasn't sure what this meant for their...relationship. But he was pretty sure it was a good thing.

Mr.plant wrapped an arm securely against Argos, bringing him closer. The smaller man complied, blushing as he laid his head on Mr. plant's shoulder snuggling into his side.

Sometimes, Mr.plant supposed, unplanned visitors could be a good thing.