Prologue

Lillie sits with her bible open to Genesis chapter to one of her favorite verses of the bible.

"God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day," (Genisis 1:5 English Standard Version Bible).

Pondering this verse she looks at her slender tan hand. A beam of light shines from her kitchen window onto the wooden surfaces near. She grasps for the light; her fingers passing right through the light.

"You miss," says Ken.

"Yeah, I know," says Lillie pulling her hand to her lap while looking at her older brother.

Ken smirks and heads toward the front door with his gym bag beside him.

A smart and sporty teenager, Lillie rarely saw her brother around the house. He likes to be out with friends or alone she was not sure. Lilie ‌on the other hand is a more homebody person.

Lilie reads from her black bible for several minutes until she was ready to do her laundry. The time read 8:00 pm once she starts handwriting notes. She lives in eastern standard time.

In other places of the world it is night, the battle of the Night to Day has begun.

Her night is as restful as ever with sleep beginning with a prayer around 10:30 pm. She is soon  asleep. Day breaks, her parents already at work. She prepares to go to school.

On the television there is a broadcast:

"Millions of people report an  attack by shadowed entities a little before 1:00 am for various time zones. Many report the attack can stop when invoking a prayer. Authorities are looking into this as mass hysteria or a hoax."

Ken turns off the television.

"Don't worry I bet they're all behind an elaborate joke like following a Reddit thread or something" says Ken.

Lillie nods her head.

She eats breakfast but her stomach is all in knots. Is it a coincidence that what she read yesterday about night and day all before this is happening? At 1:00 am she had been asleep, everyone in her family sleept and she was sure of it.

Catching the bus she sits on the green leather seat, dreading the night.