Chapter 1 - The DM

You

The day is just like any other. I'm lazing around in bed after watching a couple of episodes on Netflix. Instinctively, I open Instagram and see that Rosé is in New York.

Wait, she's here

I'm within 20 kilometers of her

I don't normally comment on celebrities' posts. They get so much spam as it is, so they'll never actually read anything that I say. But for some reason, I feel an overwhelming need to send her a DM.

Maybe something that'll catch her attention, something that doesn't look like every other "I love you", "you're so beautiful" and "Rosé the best girl" out there.

Maybe I can send her a travel recommendation. New York is my city, after all.

I start drafting my one-liner message, and it takes me a dozen tries until I'm remotely satisfied with my message to her. I breathe in, and as I exhale, I press Send.

My fave spot in NYC is the Natural History Museum. Did you know they have a hall called the Rose Center for Earth and Space? You should check it out.

I immediately close all of my apps and put my phone away. My heart swells in my chest out of excitement. A part of me is low-key concerned at how interested I am in this stranger.

Like yes, she's beautiful and hot and has a dreamy voice. And through all the Blackpink content I've watched, she also seems really kind and funny and wonderful. But unless we knew each other in person, there's no way to know what Rosé is actually like.

Before I got too lost in my thoughts, I remember that I have dinner with friends. I'm happy to be distracted from the overthinking, and the rest of the day goes by uneventfully.

-----

The sun is shining through my curtains, giving my bedroom a soft morning glow. I love Saturday mornings, free from the obligation of weekdays, with all the excitement that a full weekend brings. I wake up relaxed, trying to hold on to the last bit of sleepiness before entering the waking world again. I grab my phone to check the time - 9:32am - and as my gaze drifts down to my notifications, my heart drops at the sight of "Message from roses_are_rosies".

What — holy shit

I immediately tap on the banner and my body feels cold and hot at the same time. My heart starts banging in my chest and I hold my breath until I see

Hey - cool spot. Why don't you take me around? I have a free afternoon tomorrow.

Holy shit

This can't be real

I get lightheaded, and I frantically read the message again and again, checking if it indeed came from Rosé, checking if the username was spelled right, checking if it had the blue checkmark.

It's real

Holy shit

Rosé wants to meet up with me

I'm going to meet Rosé

Rosé wants me to take her out in NYC

The blood starts pumping into my hands again, so I type up a reply. Rosé replies quickly ( but really, how is this real? ), and we arrange to meet at 4pm today.