L E S S O N L E A R N E D

Woop Woop-

My sophomore year of Uni is just around the corner, I will be twenty in October, and my apartment has been finalized. Yet, I am STILL writing about a blonde wit. I apologize for the delay, though I do know you all understand. Thank you for your patience. 

Without further adieu, I present to you...

L E S S O N  L E A R N E D 

lucille granger

"Chew with your mouth closed, thank you very much," Onyx groaned as she threw a napkin at Lorenzo. "You have a stain in the corner of your mouth. Bloody hell, are you always that daft?"

"Rude," Lorenzo replied, aggressively grabbing the napkin and wiping his mouth. "I'm not daft. Just a little dim, is all."

Onyx shot me an exhausted look—as if she were over this interaction. I softly chuckled as I continued eating.

I noticed there was one more lamb chop at the center of the table. Reaching for the lamb chop, my hand brushes against Malfoy's, who is also reaching for the last piece.

We both pull away from the plate, gesturing defeat. "Go on," Draco grumbled. "You've already touched the bone."

Shrugging, I take the last piece. As I partake in my win, I side-eye Draco and observe his defeated self.

Did my plead for respect work? Usually, he couldn't care less if I had touched the bone by a smidge. The Draco I know would have taken it with no remorse. It's nice knowing that I can finally put my foot down on him without the help of anyone.

But, help would've been nice.

Finishing up my meal, I gaze over to the Gryffindors and notice Hermione with her eyes already looking right at me. I widen my eyes out of mere surprise and confusion.

She tilts her head towards the large exit multiple times to try and get me to understand that she wants us to meet in the hallway.

I mouth, "Why?"

"Just go!" she mouths back.

I groan as I stand up from the bench. Climbing out from the bench, I place my serviette on the table. "Have to use the loo. I'll be back," I told the group.

They nodded as I strode away from the table heading towards the hallway. I turn my head to the left to see Hermione walking at the same pace.

The both of us reach the outside of the Great Hall and we walk alongside one another down the corridor without a precise destination.

"I heard about the altercation between you and Malfoy," said Hermione as she locked her arm with mine. "They're saying you told him off."

"I did," I responded flatly with my head held high. "Before I got violent though, Onyx pulled me away. A bit unsatisfactory, but I did get my point across."

"How is he acting towards you now?" she queried. We ended up taking a seat on a stone bench that was positioned between two large pillars. "Do you think your message was heard loud and clear?"

"Sort of," I replied. "He's not aggressive, nor is he being nice. It's neutral right now. Besides, it's only been a day since my interaction with him. I can't know for sure unless we interact with one another again."

"When do you think that'll be, Luce?"

"The next get-together, I guess. I plan on keeping to myself. If he, too, keeps to himself and pays no attention to me, then it shows that my message was heard. He likes to pick on me for breathing. Hopefully, it's different next time."