how it started. . .(prologue)

°¤{No pov}¤°

"Hey Aunt Mito!" Exclaimed a four year old Gon as his aunt got home.

"Hey Gon." Said Mito, carrying multiple books.

"Aunt Mito why do you always come home with so many books?" Asked Gon as Mito was placing books on the shelf containing multiple other books.

"Because I really like these kinds of books thats all!" Replied Mito, taking a while before speaking.

"Oh okay! What kind of books are they?" Asked a eminently curious Gon.

"Magic books along with books about special rituals." Sighed Mito.

"But magic isnt real aunt mito?" Said Gon, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"You see Gon anything can be real. And the magic books I read are about dark magic." Answered Mito.

"Oh okay!" Said Gon.

°¤{a few weeks later}¤°

One day, a Friday that was the 13th of the month to be exact, two police men along with two doctors came to the house on the hill. Which just so happens to be where Gon and his aunt lived.

"Hello is Gon here?" Asked one of the docotrs when the four year old opened the door.

"Yes thats me!" Said an effervescent Gon.

°¤[A/N real quick! effervescent is another word for cheerful and happy!]¤°

"Gon your Aunt has been in an accident." Said one of the police officers as softly as possible.

"W-What? B-But she just went out to buy some books." Muttered Gon almost silent but loud enough that the four people outside the door could here.

"We're sorry for you loss mr. Freecs." Said the other doctor quietly.

"Your Aunt's will says she left everything for you. You get everything your Aunt owned before she died." Said the other officer.

"We'll leave you to grieve Mr. Freecs." Said the doctor that spoke when Gon opened the door before.

After a few days Gon decided to go to the library and try what Aunt Mito read about before death.

As he entered the library multiple memories of his aunt came flooding back to him, since this room was the room Mito spent the most time in.

'Aunt Mito. . . I miss you.' Thought the black-green haired boy as he looked at the book titles.

As he was looking through the books he saw a book that caught his attention and he started to read.

He hadn't known how long he had been reading the book but by the time he looked up from the book he noticed it was now night.

'Oh guess I better get to bed now. I can try doing this after lunch tomorrow.' Thought Gon before going to bed.

In the morning he ate breakfast and started reading on what he would need to do for the ritual. After a few months when Gon was 5 he was able to do the ritual.

As the months passed by Gon did more rituals in order to get stronger.

After a wretched day in the village because of the villagers picking on him for believing in magic, Gon decided to do a far more powerful ritual than he had done previously. The book said he needed a human sacrifice which Gon knew he would have trouble doing.

After 2 years of training and getting stronger Gon was able to get a human sacrifice and he started the ritual.

When Gon finished chanting the words he opened his eyes to be in front of a tall pale man with a freaky smile.

"Who are you?" Gon asked calmly.

"You may call me Satan. Now I understand you wish to get more stronger?" Said the tall pale man.

"Yes that's correct." Gon staited, still calm.

"Then you know the rules." Said Satan calmly.

"Yes." Replied Gon.

"Then what are you trading in place of power?" Asked Satan, genuinely curious on how a seven year old boy was able to do the ritual

"My soul." Said Gon seriously.

"Are you sure?" Asked Satan.

"Positive now do it please." Voiced Gon.

"Fine." Said Satan before a few souls came out of the ground and started dragging the 7 year old into the ground. "I take payment first if you don't mind."

"I don't mind as long as I get stronger." Said Gon before completely going underground.

°¤word count: 719¤°