7 || Encounter

An orange tortoiseshell kitty, who has a black tail with matted and dirty fur. It appears to be a stray. It was walking joyfully back to it's makeshift den, when the lone kitty happen to stumble upon a passed out male with brown hair, tanned complexion. He was laying on the ground, dried drool on his face. The Kitty halted and tilted it's head. letting out a curious 'meow'.

The Kitty strolled up to the passed out man and began licking the dried up drool on his face. The male felt it's scratchy tongue on his cheek. he moved his hand up and bat the thing away. 

Kitty jolted up and jumped back. Hissing with it's tail spiked. Claws extended. So ready to get the male back. The male rested his hand on his chest. The Kitty noticed letting out a small mew, in response of that. It padded closer, to the sleeping male. It watched the male, with a piercing gaze, wondering, what it should do. 

However the male felt like he was being watched. He opened up his eyelids, slowly. he didn't see anyone looking at him or anywhere near him. No one was in the alleyway, by this time. Still he can't ignore this gut feeling. The male turned his head to meet a small stray cat.

He went pale like a ghost; staring at it's piercing icy blue eyes and then jolted upwards in shock. screaming eternally.

The kitty crouched looking up at the man, letting out a friendly meow, raising a paw up at him. Telling him that it was friendly. 

The male sighed, holding his chest. it's just a kitty...

***

Elsewhere in the city, Rosalie was speeding past on her motorbike, with the occasional honks and rage of drivers. Fully permitted in their topped vehicles. Apparently for some reason some drivers hates bikers, like Rosalie paid them any mind. She was too focused on following her gps. the agency tracker remained off on her bike. As she passed multiple intersections, turned when the gps indicates to turn down a street. 

After the final turn, Rosalie slowed down the speed, as she saw the strong entrance way into Celestial Arcane Agency. Rosalie took in a breath and let it out. "alright? I hope the head of the agency could at least give me the opportunity to return my equipment and let me retire in peace" she repeated out loud as she approached the gate.

Rosalie pulled up to the gate slowly putting her bike to a stop, with one leg off the peddle and on the ground, lending it off to one side. next to a small box on the wall of the gate and she brought out of her agent badge. Holding it up to the scanner, after typing in her agency number and name. Muttering to herself if she remember how to do it. 

For some reason, the system approved it and it opened the gate, that what made Rosalie's heart skip a beat in shock.  Not to mention that in her ID picture that showed up to the screen for a split second, had it when her hair was permanently dyed purple, which she longed had its colour wiped to her natural. 

Rosalie turned to see the gate opened waiting until she entered before it closed behind her. She gulped, putting her foot back on the peddle after inserting her Badge in the outside pocket of her shoulder bag, before swinging to rest on her hip once more.

Rosalie turned her handles letting the gas out, as she drove through the gates. When Rosalie is on the grounds. she looked back briefly watching the gates close abruptly.

She faced forward again as she turned her handles to sped up, heading in the direction of the building on the far end. She noticed an apartment building on the far end. She pointed out in her head well that was new sight.

Reminding herself that most of the agents never leave the grounds. They technically live on the grounds. However she once knew that very few of them live among the city. She looked over to the right as she passed the private parking lot. where she saw expensive and not so expensive vehicles were parked. "If I'm remembering correctly, these are the agents cars whose lived in the city."

She didn't realized she was slowing down, and once she realized. Rosalie faced forward, standing she turned the handlebars to speed faster to the main entrance of the building. Rosalie passed a few agents who seem to be on off duty, who were hanging out on the grass. They were two girls and one guy. who looked up as the Rosalie paid no mind as she passed them, those three probably didn't notice her as they went back to talking after she passed. 

Slowing down after she noticed someone standing near the corner to her right. He wasn't exactly a guard, or a secret agent. Yet she slowed to a stop, after she saw him raising his hand. She knew what that meant. Rosalie hadn't seen him in her life. He must be newly hired. 

"Yes?" she asked

The man was wearing a black suit and tie. His hair colour was a nice periwinkle blue colour and his hair was lengthy long, almost as long as hers. "I haven't seen you around? are you an agent?" he asked

"uh?" what do I say?... should I tell him the truth, but I don't know his name. Rosalie thought long and hard. She gulped, removing hands from the handebars to her motorbike. for a quick second as she removed her helmet from her head. It will be rude of me... if I talk through this... visor and helmet. She rested it on her lap for a second. "No, but I was... however, I would like to officially resign," she responded looking at the male's calm blue eyes staring back at her.

The male stood there, looking at Rosalie. "oh-" he spoke, before she cut him off.

"well, if it's not too much to ask, I'm just hear to return everything and then I'll take my leave" she blurted out. "just show me where the head office and I'll be out of your hair" 

"May I get your name? and your agent name? before I do?" he responded. "I'm Sir Albafrica V. Lawrence, I'm one of the developers"

"that doesn't make a difference- you won't even hear from me again? okay." lashed out Rosalie, pretending not to hear his name or ID. "besides I'll be leaving and not coming back!" The nerve of this man, getting me to tell my ID and Agent name... to his awareness I quit two years ago and I doubt anyone has remembered me. 

"that still doesn't change the fact, for me to let you into the building... and for my knowledge if you entered from the front gate. over there" he spoke directly to Rosalie signally his hand behind her. The way she came from. "tells me you might still be in the system, if you can enter the grounds quite frequently"

"Well, that's because I'm still in this dumb system, because I impulsively left two years ago..." she argued back. 

"and?" Albafrica spoke looking at her. "doesn't change a fact, for me to let you in the building without telling me- okay, I'll let you in on a little secret, I'm new and I know nearly everyone on these grounds and I have not seen you before?" he responded looking at Rosalie, from up and down. 

Rosalie narrowed her eyes and sighed, closing her eyes shut.

too be continued...