[1/1]

Every inch of her coldness seeped into the corners of the bar as she watched the two women on the dance floor. The femme with high standards and the stud with enough balls to push a hand up her skirt, just below the waist.

Normani wanted to throw up but she set her jaw instead. The feeling biting at her wasn't envy, no, not even jealousy. God, it was something more. Something that felt like rage. And the mojito pulsing through her veins was only fueling it.

She wanted to go over and launch her fist into something plausible. Maybe a bone too easy to break. But she had to wait. If there was anything she knew about the stud in question, Lia, she was bound to fuck up.

She had quite the reputation for it. And despite there being clear rules stating that she wasn't allowed to step foot into this bar, she managed to slip past.

Normani had half a mind to whoop all of security's ass for it.

She imagined the rocks glass in her hand breaking with each level of force she applied. Her eyes cut across the room to a group of women who were also looking, some at her, some at Lia. A few filled each other's ears with whispers. Another fixed her gaze intently upon Normani. Her head tilted as if inquiring with her eyes.

In exchange, the brunette nodded as if to say come here. The woman took note and did as told— or maybe god moved her feet.

Either way, she was flashing her teeth up at the brunette and melting her resolve by the minute. Syrupy sweet and soft - the lips on Normani's neck told her so and provided a great distraction to the problem at hand.

Lia and her pick of the night swayed to the tantalizingly slow hum of the music. Even with a mouth begging to occupy hers, Normani found it as a challenge. The tanned woman even glanced in her direction with a smirk to solidify that. A hand dipping between her lady's legs just to take the dare a bit further...

The brunette didn't like that. In fact, it made her blood boil. The gesture was sinewy at least — ballsy for anyone that knew the butch's history. Lia was no prized possession. She was a leech, a monster, a peg to be taken down a notch. And the thing about Mani, is she had no problem being the one to do that.

She looked down to the beauty in front of her whose name and face barely registered. The smile she gave her was charming and elusive. But she slipped away with a promise to come back that probably wouldn't be fulfilled before the night was over.

With her luck, she'd probably get kicked out within the next twenty minutes.

Normani's walk to the dance floor was steady. The femme in Lia's hands didn't even see her coming until she stood right in front of them.

The smile she fed her was sultry. The black woman gave her one to match.

"Hey, beautiful. She bothering you?"

"No. I'm fine." The other woman slurred. The cracks in her composure were beginning to show.

"Okay. Well, mind if I steal her for a minute?" She blinked up at Lia whose gaze was stone cold. The femme in her arms thought for a bit before pulling out of her grasp and stalking forward to put a hand on Mani's chest.

"You'll give her back?"

Abstaining from a disgusted face, she instead forced a smirk. "Give me a few minutes and you can have me instead."