FORTY SEVEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

I wasn't quite sure how I felt

I wasn't quite sure how I felt. Now that I had other emotions invade my body that wasn't just hatred, irritation or stubbornness, feeling sad fucking hurt. Of course I had felt upset before Pandora cursed me but it's like all my emotions reset and I was feeling everything for the first time.

There wasn't a chance that I would be able to sleep. Especially after taking myself to the spare room and shutting myself in there.

Yesterday, Fran invited me over to their pack house to get to know members of Pandora's old pack, to help them come to terms with their trauma, and offer them some kind of positivity, optimism. In the back of my mind, it felt like the least I could do.

Pandora was my 'mother' and I'm the reason why she turned to a life of rage and misery. If my father never had me with his mistress then none of this would have happened, they wouldn't have been ripped from their families, been controlled and hurt.

They would have lived normal lives.

So I wanted to help in any way that I could. If that meant spending time with them, helping them regain their lives, find lost family members, try and piece together the last of their memories then I would.

Of course Everett was there, he was their new Alpha. I was in his house and on his territory, amongst his pack.

On the way out I thanked him again for taking them in, for giving them the attention and care that they deserve. We shared one hug before I left. One damn hug and now apparently I'm unfaithful, or at least that's what I think Kassian believes.

I realise that the scent of an Alpha is powerful enough to override any other scent, which explains why Everett's scent was so prominent to Kassian.

When the sun starts to rise I realise that I haven't slept a wink, I couldn't. My mind would wander in various different directions, playing our conversation in my head on repeat.

Does he really think I'd be unfaithful to him?
Mate bonds are special, they're sacred. The Moon Goddess does not lie with whoever she matches you with, her choice is special and it should make sense. It's always made sense with Kassian but I don't know what the fuck happened last night.

It was only yesterday morning we were talking about his anger, frustration in relation to what has happened recently. He definitely needed to talk to someone before he exploded. I could almost physically see the weight that was shoving him down.

But he still needed to apologise. He doesn't get away with talking to me like I am not loyal. Like he doesn't even know who I am.

Before anyone else gets up, I quickly get changed with some clothes I find in the utility room and exit swiftly through the back door. The air was slightly chilly but that kept me awake considering I didn't sleep.