1.

Willow Dawson

Breath is what keeps us alive. In and out. Deep breaths of pure oxygen - fresh air gifted from Mother Earth herself. She reflects the Universe, and the universe knows all. Breath is important. Without it, we'd all surely be dead.

I took a deep toke from my blunt, inhaling the smoke slowly through my nose. As it entered my lungs, I held on for a few seconds and released. Today, I decided to practice breath-work meditation but with a twist. My friend, Trinity told me about how the experience was different, and I was very pleased with how it made me feel. I had Sanskrit mantra music playing in the background and a tiny incense burning on the alter. It smelled like weed and fresh rain in here, and I was absolutely in love.

What made it better was that it was storming outside. I loved hearing the rain pour down on the roof while watching it fall from the sky, creating a beautiful mood of bliss and tranquility.

"I told you it was amazing," I hear Trinity laughing from the speaker of my iPhone. I had finished breath-work for today, and was simply just enjoying my high. "Next time we should try it on shrooms." I shook my head and walked into my kitchen to get a drink of water.

"Yeah, I don't know about that just yet," I replied. Weed was about as far as I went with drugs. I was more reserved when it came to those things; Trinity, on the other hand, was into everything. She loved doing shrooms, weed, LSD, and Percocets. "You gotta chill on that shit, Trinity," I said. Of course, my advice goes through one ear and directly out the other.

Trinity and I are polar opposites. She's a grungy, goth hottie; I'm a vintage, spiritual sweetheart. She loves adrenaline and I love my comfort zone. We are quite literally what it means to be Yin and Yang, but we still compliment each other well. She tries to get me out of my shell, and I try to humble her.

If it weren't for the rain, we would be going to an outdoor Scarlxrd concert. We've been waiting for months to see him, only for this thunderstorm to ruin it. But, I wasn't complaining. Maybe instead of mosh pits and the potential to lose my voice from screaming, the universe was telling me to calm down for the night. So to make up for it, Trinity still agreed that we would be hanging out today. She lived at the apartment complex right across from mine, so it wasn't far to see each other.