𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓: 005

"(Name) dearest, have you prepared yourself for our arrival? I don't want you making a fool of yourself and our clan."

You huffed a silent breath, so quiet as you wished not to tick your mother off. She was overbearing and her duties to fit you into your throne were a burden on your shoulders.

The worst part is she hadn't even realized it.

You loved your mother you truly truly did. But she doesn't listen and often acts on what she thinks is best.

Such as this wedding.

The wedding you wanted no part of.

"Goodness (Name)! What on earth are you wearing!? Where are your suits? Your gowns!?" Your mother took in your form and the sneer that crawled over her face let you know she was less than enthusiastic about your attire. "What's wrong with my armor?"

"(Nam-)," she let out a sigh, cutting herself off to pinch her brows a hand tucked into her creased elbow. "(Name), you're going to DunBroch for the hand of the prince not to-"

"Aye las, let 'em be! With their attire the other wee princes and princess will be running off with their quilts and frillies tucked between their legs!" Your father boasts, a hearty laugh escaping from the depths of his stomach. You couldn't help the smirk that slithered over your (fair/plump) lips when your mother let out a quite 'uch-' a small smile gracing her face when your father cupped his much larger hand around her plump waist, pulling her into his side. With a soft sigh she looks back at you.

"Fine, (Name) you may wear your armor only for today," she clasped her hands in front of her. "After that you must return to wearing your gowns and suits."

"Better than nothin' " Came your reply.

The silver color of your chest plate reflected on the sea as you neared DunBroch, the dark green leggings you wore compares nicely to your brown boots. The arm pieces were two toned, both colors being a grimey bronze with silver lining. Over your silver chest places was a dark, brown, leather plate that was stitched with your kingdoms crescent. The brown, which faded into green cape was buried underneath the sliver of your shoulder pads.

Dignity and grace.

The two words that defined how you felt in the moment. With the sun beating down on your (light/brown/dark) melaniated skin you breathed in a long, gentle sigh.

Things were going to change.

𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆𖨆