Chapter 18 ~ Present

Mayella

I yawn as I stretch out my limbs. I was so tired when we came home last night that I didn't change out of my pajamas and I didn't brush my teeth. I can taste my smelly breath from the food last night.

I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and skin care so I don't look like a monster. I'm surprised Willow hasn't busted in my room to wake me up. Usually, that's how it goes. I was always the lowkey one about Christmas.

I hear my door open and see Willow's head pop in. Spoke too soon. "Get up lazy head! It's Christmas!" She runs out as I sigh, putting on my jacket and going downstairs to get a cup of coffee. Mom and dad are already sitting on the couch by the fire, while Willow and Maddox are sitting on the floor sucking on candy canes.

Mom sees me and smiles, "Merry Christmas baby peach!" She motions for me to come over and gives me a sloppy kiss on my cheek. I go to dad next and he kisses me on the head. I go to the kitchen and grab a cup of coffee and then go sit down in my single chair.

Dad reads an excerpt from the Bible, while mom takes pictures of us.

We finally get to the opening presents part and I grab a small one with my name on it. I see it from Maddox and Willow, so I tear it open and see a ring with a daisy in the middle. I'm obsessed with rings, they are like clothes for your hands.

"Thank you" I give both of them a hug. We go around the room opening some presents while drinking too much coffee and eating candy canes. This time of year is always my favorite, I love the Christmas morning vibes and all the coffee I get to drink.

🎀

I just finished getting myself ready for dinner. Dad has been smoking his ham all day and I can't wait to dig into it. I head downstairs as soon as the doorbell rings. The Graham family stands in our front door, greeting us with smiles and hugs.

I get to Reece last as he gives me a bear hug and a huge sloppy kiss on my cheek. "Did you have a good Christmas?" I nod my head closing the door as we walk in. "Since I didn't give you your present last night, I will give it to you later."

We walk into the kitchen as everybody starts up a conversation. I'm snacking on some crackers and meat as Reece is sipping on apple cider. We are sitting on the loveseat couch with my legs in his lap as we go into silence.

I can't help but contain the butterflies in my stomach as he rubs my leg up and down. His touch makes me weak in the knees. Good thing I'm sitting. "I can't believe we go back to school next week." He mutters enough for me to hear. I agree with him.

Winter break should be the whole month of December. But I'm excited to finally graduate highschool.

The next couple hours are spent eating, playing games, watching movies, and opening more presents. We are almost finished with them when I remember Reece's present is up in my room. I stood up and rushed up the stairs to retrieve it.

I find the box and stumble back downstairs. I toss it in his lap as he gives me a very confused look. "Open it!" I say as he shakes his head, unwrapping the gift. Everybody is watching as Reece opens his gift, he is struggling to get the wrapping off.

Once he gets it off though, he pulls out a large hoodie with the word bear number 1 on the front and Reece's name on the back.

He had got me something like this last Christmas instead it was bear number 2 with my name on it. I thought I would return the favor. He seems to like it since he is smiling and already trying to put it on.

Once he gets it on he gives me a huge smile and then crushes me into a hug that brings us both down to the ground. I can smell the cologne that he put on. It smells so heavenly and makes me want to just melt into his embrace.

Not that I would complain.

🎀

We are all sitting on the couch with the lights off watching the third movie of the night when I get a tap on my shoulder as I'm about to fall asleep. I see Reece looking down at me trying to get my attention. I make a 'mm' sound and try to keep my eyes open.

"Wanna go to the diner? I'm bored." I sit up and look at our family. Most of them are crashed and asleep. I guess this is turning into a sleepover. I look at Reece and nod my head. "Mom already knows." I nod as he helps me stand up.

I grab my coat and put it over my onesie as Reece grabs his car keys and leads me out the door. I can feel the chill of the snow on my arms even though they are covered. Reece opens the car door for me and I hop in.

He warms up the car and starts to back up. We sit in silence as I feel my eyes starting to feel tired. "Reece, I'm so tired." I groan and turn on the radio to hopefully wake me up. I put my head on the console between us and a minute later I can feel Reece's strong hand rubbing my head and scratching it.

"If you keep doing that, I'm going to end up sleeping." I hear him chuckle. "Go to sleep, we aren't going to the diner." I lift my head up making his fall. "Then where are we going?" I have a question.

"It's a secret." I sigh and put my head back down and we put his hand back in place. I fall asleep in a matter of seconds to the touch of Reece scratching my head.

A/N

This is more of a filler chapter since I was having writer block.