Keys And Strings

(BSD musician AU)
                                                                                     (inspired by your lie in april👍)

"Chuuya...i want you to play the piano on stage, for me."

***
Dazai's fingers moved swiftly across the strings of his violin, his fingers felt like they were about to fall off.
(He's been practicing for what now? 3 hours? No, 5.)
So much effort yet he was still out of tune, he groaned and put his violin down.
Dazai was thirsty (very), so he decided to go out for a cup of coffee.

After a few minutes he finally arrived at his desired destination, but was interrupted with a phone call.
"Hello?" It was his teacher, Oda Sakunosuke.
"Hello Dazai." His tone calm as always,
"Did you need something?" Dazai asked.
"Recently i've noticed that your grades are drastically dropping, why is that?"
He gulped at the unexpected question,
"Oh, uhm- I'm sorry about that, i'll make sure to fix them!.."
"Alright, don't push yourself."

***
Weeks have passed, still practicing for his next performance (3-6 hours per day),
yet he still wonders why his grades haven't improved. And- he finally got the piece correct!
Now he just needs to memorize and play it again.
Practicing, Playing more and more. He practiced an extra 28 minutes, He can't mess this up.
He glided his bow over the strings of his violin as everything went pitch black.

The boy woke up on the floor laying on the music sheets scattered all over, he must've passed out.
He hasn't slept for 2 days after all.
Dazai groaned as he sat up- shit. Of course, he dropped his violin and bow.
He crawled over to the instrument and slowly examined it making sure it didn't break,
The strings and bridge were out of place, nothing major; he could easily fix that.
He fixed the bridge and tightened the strings, concentrating to make sure the string didn't hit him in the face,
and, SMACK- He flinched and the string slapped him in the eye at the sudden noise of his ringing phone.
"Ow- Shit", He cursed under his breath and scooted over to his phone, Oda was calling.
Dazai picked up the phone to his ear and answered the call,
"Hello Odasaku! Did you need something?"
"Dazai, your grades aren't improving one bit, they are in fact getting worse."
Worse? Was he really that focused on violin?
"Aha about that- I'm sorry, it's just i'm really busy currently.. I have to perform soon!"
Dazai sighed slightly and waited for his teacher's response.
"I see, I've thought of getting you a tutor."
Tch, a tutor? There was really no need for that, right?
"No no it's fine! I'll just try and pay more attention to school!"
"I'm still getting you a tutor."
"Uuughhhhh finee..."
He groaned while itching the back of his neck.
"I'll text you the information later."
"Alrighttt.."
"Dazai, you sound exhausted. You should really get some rest." His words were intertwined
with a tone of worry,
"Alright i will~ Thanks! Byeeee" Dazai hung up and got back to tuning his violin,
luckily this time he didn't get hit in the face.

***

Odasaku
Would 12:00 PM on Fridays and Tuesdays be fine?

Me
Sounds good!
Odasaku
Alright, meet me at the local cafe on Friday then.

***